chapter twelve

HARRY's P.O.V.~

-ONE WEEK LATER-

"Victoria," I said, calling her to the living room where I was standing impatiently.

She came tripping into the living room, and sighed in frustration as she finished tying her left shoe. She looked up at me, smiling with perfect white teeth.

"It's been a damn great week, Harry," Victoria said, continuing to smile.

"I know it has," I replied as she approached me.

I placed my hand on her shoulders. She looked into my eyes. I couldn't look into her clear blue eyes without seeing Amanda's; it was impossible.

I sighed. Of course I was disappointed to see Victoria leave, but she was moving in with Ray, her work friend. It was what was best for her, even if (and I would never admit this) I didn't want her to leave me. It was like selling a dog to a better home because you couldn't take care of it.

"I'm going to miss the humor of you and Carolyn fighting over who sleeps on the couch and who sleeps on the floor," she laughed.

Those stupid fights didn't matter anyways. I ended up in the bed with Victoria. Not in a sexual way, God I would never do something like that to her against her will. I didn't even black out, as the therapists call it. All nights were calm when I was with her. It was unusual, really, I had slight insomnia for most of my life, but I could sleep like a child next to her.

I ran my hand over her pale cheek, and felt the smoothness of her skin. She smiled into my hand, looking down at the ground.

"I'm going to miss you, you know that?" I said.

"You act like I'm leaving town," she giggled.

I smiled a little, and tucked a lock of blonde hair behind her right ear.

"I guess I could stay a little longer today," she whispered, leaning into me.

I wrapped my arms around her small back and pulled away, looking down at her.

"Why are you so short?" I asked.

Victoria frowned, and stood on her tip toes, laughing at her failed attempt to be as tall as me.

We were interrupted by a rapid loud knocking at the door.

Victoria turned to me with a curious look. She walked to the door and opened it slowly. A confused look formed on her face.

"Is Harry here?" A voice asked.

I sighed. Damnit. It was my fucking therapist, June. I had forgotten about my appointment that Carolyn had made. I got up immediately and walked to the door, June, who was in her mid thirties, smiling at me as I faced her.

"Harry, you have an appointment today," June said, as if it wasn't obvious.

I sighed, closing my eyes.

"I have company at the time," I replied, gesturing to Victoria.

June ran her hand through her short brown hair that stopped above her shoulders.