Chapter 15

Is that bacon? Eggs, pancakes... Fuck that smells so good.

My eyes fluttered open and I see Paul on the floor, sprawled out with a pillow under his head, his mouth open and drool pooling in the corner. I pushed my foot into his side a few times to try to wake him up, but he just groaned and rolled farther away from me. The TV had been turned off and Orion was missing from the couch so I decided to go find him. Thinking the kitchen was my best option, that's where I started.

I padded down the hall and into the kitchen, the smell of breakfast getting stronger. Orion was standing at the stove pushing a spatula on a pan, most likely making eggs. I silently moved to the barstool I had been sitting at earlier this morning. He still hadn't heard me and it gave me a chance to watch him work.

He was wearing a black pair of basketball short that hung low on his hips and a black shirt. From the looks of it I would say he just showered, because his hair was wet and sticking to his head. He was whistling some tune I haven't heard before and he was bobbing his head up and down to his own beat. He looked so at ease, much different than his usual business attire and please-don't-recognize-me attitude. He picked the pan up and swiveled around quickly, taking a sharp intake of breath when he saw me. 

"Fucking hell, Rae! You scared the shit out of me!" This chest was heaving up and down as he tried to relax. He took a step further and placed the pan of eggs on the counter.

"Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?" I said quirking an eyebrow at him with a playful smile on my lips.

"Fuck... wait no-shit! Sorry!" He said trying to control the words that were flying uncontrollably out of his mouth.

"Orion, it's okay. I cuss more than anyone I've ever met." I laughed as his cheeks flushed. "What are you doing?" I asked, cocking my head to the side

"I had a pretty gruesome hangover but I was starving so I decided to make breakfast. Do you want anything? I made eggs, bacon, sausage, toast. I made pancakes but they are no where near as good as Gingers. There's orange juice and coffee if you want some. Or if you don't want any of that, there is cereal in the cupboard." He was starting to ramble but stopped himself and an enormous smile broke out across his face that made my heart skip.  He leaned his elbows on the counter in front of him and looked at me. The stance made his muscles bulge and the smirk made my insides do weird flips. "I'm going to stop talking now. What can I get you?"

"The works. Load me up a plate and show me your divine chef skills." I said with a smile. He cheeks tinged pink and he took out a plate from the cupboard and filled it with a little bit of everything, then took out a cup and filled it with orange juice, then a mug and filled it with coffee.

"You know, for someone who has to stay in shape to keep her job, you sure do eat like a man." He chuckled to himself.

Setting the food down in front of me, he started filling another plate. Once he sat that down, he walked out of the kitchen and down the hall. "Go ahead and start eating." He called over his shoulder. After a few minutes I heard a loud thud and what I'm sure was Paul groaning. Paul came rushing in and sat down next to me with a smile on his cheeky face, dipping his fork into the plate Orion had made.

"You didn't say he was making breakfast!" He said before shoveling food into his mouth. "Oh, god, yes." He moaned, his eyes rolling into the back of his head dramatically. Orion walked in rubbing his side soothingly. I guess it wasn't Paul who got hurt. When he saw Paul, he just shook his head laughing and started making another plate for himself. He didn't set it next to us, instead he leaned against the counter and brought the plate closer to his mouth so he could eat.