3;

Sometime last night, I saw your dark side. We both got wild hearts, oh and you know it. I was thinking about you all night. Did you have your fun, Laura? Did you have your fun playing with me? You left me alone with her. I know you got away. Well, you don't know what you're missing- No, I have no idea what I'm missing. Because once lightning strikes, it'd probably be to late for me to realize. But that smile you had on your face, I can't forget. I know that that day, that night, might never be one of those repeating days everyone has. But let's not be alone tonight, Laura. Why not come over? Laura, I want you to kiss me again. Even if it is a peck on lips, I want you to do it. I want you to do it again. You make me want to scream "doctor, doctor", Laura. I want you to make me feel that way again. I want you to make me feel good.

-Ross Shor Lynch, 2k15

----

I honestly can't remember any from last night. All I could remember was Laura, and...Laura. Man, I can't get her out of my mind.

If you were wondering, no, I didn't have sex with Cindy. I couldn't. I left before anything happened.

I glance down at the book on my desk. Pride and Prejudice, it said on the cover. I exhale while open the book slowly.

"Okay, before we begin who has read this book?", Ms. Kirby says. I did, actually.

From the corner of my eye, I see a hand go up. It was none other than Miss Laura Marano herself. "Ohh, I have! I absolutely love Mr. Darcy!", she says with a smile.

I turn my head to look at her. She's wearing the same old clothes as usual with no make-up on and her hair up, and of course her glasses on.
"
That's good! Mister Lynch?", I hear Ms. Kirby say. I turn my head to her. "I recall that you and Laura went to the same school together last year. Is that true? So, you've must've read the book too."

Well, you see this is my first year of college, and Laura's too. We went to the same high school. She was knew last year to the town, state.

"Mister Lynch?"

I slowly nod. "Yes. I honestly didn't like it.", I say. I can see Laura give me a look. "I mean, it's a great book. It's just I don't know how to explain it."

"Why don't you like?", I hear Laura ask.

I simply glance at her. "Because- well, why does every single book have to revolve around..love? Romance? Seriously.", I say as I look at Laura.
She raises her eyebrows. "The book is not just about love, Ross."

I nod. "Yes it is. I think that the theme of the whole thing is that only the intelligent, mature adults are able to have love. And that love is a privilege that most people never earn.", I say.
I feel everyone looking at me. Did I just say something smart? Laura sighs.

"That's just one of the themes. The book is about marriage, family, class, and literally pride, and prejudice.", she says louder.

I ignore what she says and continue talking. "The book argues that the better kind of love develops slowly. It argues with 'love at first sight'. It all revolves around love. Why can't there be a book without love? That's all I'm saying."

Brrrriiiiiinnnnng

The bell rings. "Wow. I never thought you had it in you, Mister Lynch. Good job.", Ms. Kirby says. I nod, before standing. Laura is glaring at me, but I ignore it. I run out of the room.

Suddenly, an image of Laura pops into my head. "Ross.", I hear a soft voice. Laura..

"Oh, look what we have here.", I say as I slowly turn around.

"Since when did you become smart?"

"Since when did you become a sl..." I stop myself.

"We made a deal. Don't tell anyone, understand?", she says, raising her eyebrows.

I nod slightly. "Understood." She nods. "Good. Oh, and I hear that you and Cindy didn't do it. What happened?"
My eyes slightly widen. "I just- felt sick.", I say quickly. What? I can't say the truth.

Oh, it was because of you. I couldn't get you out of my head. I still can't. I can't think straight. I want you to kiss me. Yeah, I want your lips on mine. No big deal. No, not at all.

"Okay..?"

I shake my head. "I've got to get to class.", I say as push her to side, causing her books to fall, and begin walking to class.