1.8

Dance after dance I still couldn't find the right prince but the truth was I was still hung up on Luke, the way we danced together was better than any other prince in this room combined. I sat down at my soon to be thrown watching people enjoying themselves.

"Honey" I looked up seeing dad looking concerned. "Why aren't you up dancing, you've still got many princes to get through" he asked.

"I know I'm just taking a break" I said

"There's something else isn't it? It's about Luke right"? he asked. I looked at him surprised he knew about Luke and I.

"How did you"?

"I'm not stupid honey, Luke cares for you a lot and I've seen it ever since day one when he was in training and once I saw how he saved you from those rocks; I knew he was the right guy but it's shame that he's not a prince" he said

"I know that's why I'm trying to get over him" I said sadly.

"You really like him, don't you honey"? He asked.

"Yes I do but please don't do anything to him just because I like him" I pleaded

"Honey it's fine; I'm not going to do anything to him but um it looks like someone's here to see you" he said smirking; Dad stood up walking downstairs greeting more and more people while he left me confused.

"Excuse me Princess" I looked up seeing Luke in a tux smiling at me "I couldn't help but notice that the birthday girl was sitting all alone and I was wondering if she would like a dance"? He asked putting he's hand out.

"I would love too" I said holding he's hand and walking downstairs to dance with Luke. People moved out of the way probably wondering who this mysterious prince was when really he was my knight. The music started and we danced together with all eyes on us.

"I thought you couldn't dance with me tonight"? I asked

"Well you're father talked to me this morning and told me that the princess wished to dance with me tonight and didn't want me to work so here I am and I'm sorry I'm late; Willow had to go down to the village while I looked after the baby" he told me.

"It's fine, I'm just glad you made it" I said; Luke twirled me around which surprised me because he was never comfortable dancing with anyone. I needed to tell Luke that I liked him but it wasn't exactly the right time.

Later that night Luke and I were walking through the garden talking about what's going to happen if I don't find a prince.

"I've decided that I'm going to return to my home" Luke told me. I turned to him smiling.

"Luke that's great; see I knew you could do it" I said.

"I'm leaving tonight; I need to save the kingdom from Nathan and make sure you don't marry him because a girl like you shouldn't be marrying him" he said.

"But with you gone that means I won't see you again" I said "With you here it's been the best it's ever been; training with you and sneaking out with you were the best moments"

"I know Alice but it's time for me to leave and go home" he told me; I wrapped my arms around him giving him a hug.

"I'm going to miss you so much Luke" I said almost tearing up.

"I'm going to miss you as well, it's going to be strange not having you around" he said.

"Well maybe one day you can hope on a horse and come see me that's if I'm not taken to another kingdom to get married" I said laughing.

"Well I promise I will visit you even if you are married or not" he told me. I sat on the garden swing while he sat next to me as well.

"I can't believe this is the end; the times I've spent with you Luke have gone by so quick and soon you'll be gone quickly" I said.

"Well there is a reason why I came tonight and it wasn't just because it's your birthday; I wanted to say goodbye the right way" he told me but I was confused. Luke put one finger under my chin lifting it up to look him in the eyes. We both leaned in and my heart was pounding knowing it was going to burst out my chest soon. Our lips touched and kissing Luke were like fireworks going off in my head but it didn't last that long once Luke pulled away and my heart broke once he did.

"I'm sorry Princess; I shouldn't have done that" he said standing up "Please forgive me" he said turning around walking off. I stood there frozen; Luke kissed me but he couldn't do it instead he walked away leaving me standing in heartbroken. What did I do wrong?

"Such a silly boy" I turned around seeing a grown man with a dark hair walking towards me "Leaving such a beautiful princess out here on her own"

"Who... Who are you"? I asked scared.

"Well I'm surprised you don't know me, Princess Alice" he said walking circles around me.

"How do you know me"? I asked

"Well everyone knows you beautiful but I'm your future husband; I'm sure you've been told a lot about the things I do especially with the kingdom Shadowwick" he said.

"King Nathan" I said; he stopped in he's tracks smiling.

"Good so you know about me; now I'm here to take you back to your new home Princess; boys" I was soon grabbed by two grown men who were smirking at me.

"But I had three more days" I said pleading

"Well I don't follow rules darling and you'll realise that once you get to know me; now we better get going" he told me; I was taken away and the more I tried to break free the more harder they held onto me. I dropped my shoes behind hoping Luke or at least someone came looking for me.