13. The Morgul Shaft

I said I didn't love you anymore but I saw your face today and the stars

swung down from the sky to hang between us.

I said I didn't love you anymore but I saw your face today and it

sounds like Troy is collapsing around my ears all over again

(and again and again).

I said I didn't love you anymore but I saw your face today and my tongue

lit my throat on fire and danced willingly in the flames.

What I'm trying to say is that you are living inside my skin. What I'm

trying to say is that I can never run from you.

I said I didn't love you anymore but I lied, I lied.

"Such is the nature of evil", his voice alike his finest red silk resonanced such as the fiddling of precious jewels across skin, as he paced very slowly back and forth below his cavernous kingdom of emerald stone, "Out there in the vast ignorance of the world it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night." His perfect, pale and immaculate porcelain skin gleamed like the stars he was so fond of. His argent hair, thick and rich like a silver pool dropping down his back illuminated the clean blade clutched within his son's grasp before him. His back was turned towards him, anatomy yet enclosed in armour which would stealth through the wood, hair in tight braids - silver, and flowing like a river - alike his father pacing abaft him, and as his father passed, the blade wielded within Legolas' palm pierced sharply against the Orc's esophagus. Within the largest hall lurking inside the cave walls of Mirkwood's kingdom, the Orc was forced down to his knees before the throne of the King, which was, however, now covered by Tauriel's tall stance.

"So it ever was", and the eyes like glaciers of the King greeted his son's gaze, before Legolas looked to his piercing blade against the Orc's rotten skin, "So will it always be..." And ceased abaft the Prince's deadly embrace, and crossed his arms covered in blood red cloth over his ample chest, "In time all foul things come forth."

"You were tracking a company of thirteen Dwarves, and an Elf." To the Prince's mention of this ill-disposed subject, the King and the Captain of the Guard instantaneously lost track of the circumstances that they were at this moment facing, withal very swiftly and with only a quick flutter of their eyelids - mostly to the confusion of their hearts racing - and unfocus of their gazes, and the thought of her was gone. They abhorred the repercussion that simply her name had on them; the feeling that would abruptly overwhelm their entire being and the thought of doing something other than what they were currently doing struck their subconscious. They would not associate the subject with a face, nor an outline of an entity, but simply to a blazing luminous, along with a voice alike the sound of victory bells. For Tauriel, this counterpart in her mind made her urge to charge out of the gates of Mirkwood, only to travel day and night to stand by her side, though the feeling was swift, and quickly elapsed, Tauriel did not act upon these feelings. For the King however, it sufficed to drive a glittering blade through the frame of this blazing being within his mind, and watch it founder to its death to alter his mind to the task before him anew.

"You lingered about our kingdom till the crack of dawn to ambush our prisoners, and killed several of our people as a consequence", Legolas went on, and to his acrimony, made his blade delve father into the Orc's throat until black seeped into the soft depth of his skin right above his chest between the two slim tendons, "Why?" the Prince asserted. The Orc, with skin like something rotten or burned in wildfire sneered, and choked slightly to the pain the Elven blade caused him.