Project Gemini

PROJECT GEMINI

BY

 E.C.COOLEDGE

THE PARIAH SERIES: BOOK ONE

Copyright © Emily Charlotte Cooledge 2015.

For Sophie and your love of superheroes.

***

Man created superheroes, and now they're being hunted. An attack on London kicks off a sequence of events that destroys life as nineteen year old Eva Saunders knows it. Soon she is dragged into a dangerous game of power and man vs. god . . . 

The explosion sixty years ago separated into three categories. 

Humans - a score of 0% on the genetics scale. They're completely powerless. 

Voids - a score of 50%. They have the potential. 

Or the worst: Pariahs - a score of 100%. They have the power. 

Eva has tested as Void all her life. Missing the complete Pariah gene that would grant her superpowers at a moment's notice. But people with the gene are exiled, sent to the Badlands in newly imprisoned Wales as punishment for their abilities. 

And they're fighting back. 

The only one to survive a Pariah attack on the British Headquarters for Genetics Screening she's recruited by the Prime Minister to aid the secretive Detective Thomas Kingsley of the Metropolitan police in his race to catch the killers before the stakes rise and more than just a politician is on the line. 

Except Eva has her own problems, and it will push her to the very edge of the law . . .   

***

No part of my work [summaries, prologues, chapters, epilogues, or exclusive content] may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording and so on without prior permission of the author. Any unauthorised copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of my work constitutes as an offence punishable by law. All rights reserved. Copyright © Emily Charlotte Cooledge 2015.

***

Acknowledgements:

Firstly I'd like to thank the incredible Tim (TEJJohnson) for his amazing support, guidance, and encouragement throughout this novel and for ever giving me the confidence I need to finish it. I'd also like to thank Wattpad for the stellar 2016 Watty Award that PROJECT GEMINI has won, and for the Wattpad HQ Staff Pick from Tim the novel was chosen for this year too. Without this site none of this would've happened. 

But I'd like to thank my friends too, who even through the day to day conversations, bouncing ideas off each other, and writing exercises we did managed to get PROJECT GEMINI to where it is today. 

For my yaar Rubi, Wingedliner, you're always my go-to whenever I need advice. Tum apni umar se ziada samjhdaar ho -- and I forever trust you when you give your opinions.  Time-zones aren't enough to separate us. And I'm still rooting for Romania one day! You're an amazing person, and I'm so glad to know you. <3 

For Olivia, oliviarose85, it was your writing exercises that helped me get this far! #ProjectLEO forever, of course ;)  . For Caitie, Perci_Snickedy, it was your snark for Lawrence that rubbed off onto Kingsley! I'm grateful for forever spamming your inbox with burnt-out PMs and the zillions of different openings to different scenes. For Chinedu, Medscifi, thank you for your on-going support, I learnt so much from reading about Lae and the notorious Master. 

And a huge thank you to my two beta-readers, MissGoodbye and KEARYNICHOLSKA for helping me out with the first reader feedback for this novel! Shout-out to CarKann as well for making PROJECT GEMINI's amazing cover! 

***

Find PROJECT GEMINI on the web! 

Pinterest board: https://uk.pinterest.com/eccooledge/civil-magic-project-gemini/

Twitter quote art and news:  https://twitter.com/ECCooledge

***

[IN PROGRESS.]

Happy reading! If you're enjoying please COMMENT, VOTE or SHARE to support my work!

All the best,

-E.C.Cooledge x