The Ghost of Lavender Town

I am the one that lives in the darkness,
overcome by death and despair.

I am the one that hides in the shadows,
warning others of this eerie air.

I am the one that feeds on agony
of lost souls that refuse to leave.

I am the ghost of Lavender Town,
as you and I continue to grieve.

*•*•*•*

The translucent figure wandered through the streets of Lavender Town, her back hunched. She crept through the night as the shadows of lampposts consumed her. Living souls were never awake at this hour, nor the souls of the dead.

She glided across the rugged cement, her tattered skirt hovering over the damp ground. The jagged blades of water that shot down from the gloomy, never-ending sky plummeted through her body and littered the pavement. The harsh wind had no effect on the girl, as she was merely a manipulation of matter that ceased to exist in this world. She was otherworldly.

The eerie air enveloped her in a thick shroud of fog. Her emotionless façade obscured all the pain and agony she would continue to endure for the rest of her days. She clutched her hat and hugged it against her chest, memories gnawing at her heart. Even though it was an exceedingly chilly night, puffs of air never seeped from her chapped lips. The art of breathing was merely a memory by now.

She quickened her already rapid pace, the longing urge to arrive at the tower affecting her more, and more, as each second ticked by. Tick, tock, tick, tock...

Every single day, she longed for him. He was the reason she still appeared each night, scaring away the outsiders that entered this cursed, isolated town. Protecting the Pokémon Tower was her purpose in this world, and she couldn't forget him—not after all the pain they overcame together, and all the choices they made throughout their great adventure in the vast region of Kanto. The girl didn't know if she could bear to see him again, even if she yearned to do so. However, she couldn't control her hunger for lost souls, and the hunger for payback against the citizens of this wretched town.

Standing in front of the gigantic tower was a little girl, her rubber boots creating ripples in the icky puddles of rainwater. She never entered the tower because guarding it seemed to be part of her daily routine. Her eyes were as dull as the current mood of the sky as she gazed off into the distance, a petite smile delicately painted across her pale lips. Her knotted, pastel pink hair vigorously twirled in the wind, and it shielded her fragile face.

The translucent figure finally made it to the building, and it towered over her remarkably. Her unkempt brown hair was twisted into complicated knots, and her wrinkled blue shirt still had remaining splatters of the horrendous crimson liquid she loathed to the very core. She seemed unperturbed by the little girl that stood near the tower.

When something at the entrance of the town caught her eye, however, a twisted grin slowly snuck onto her lips, her dull eyes now brimming with unexplainable lust.

*•*•*•*

The boy, who recently entered Lavender Town, ran as fast as his legs could carry him, eager to get to her resting place—the place where they painfully parted ways.

I'll never forgive you, Team Rocket, he thought to himself, gritting his teeth. His nails dug into his flesh and formed crimson crescents. Each step of his foot created loud bursts of sound throughout the town, yet all the houses remained dark and unfazed, no lights daring to be turned on.