Clan Life

At dawn, the deputy appoints the daily patrols.

Border patrols leave at dawn and sunset.

Several hunting patrols leave daily.

Some Clans prefer to hunt at night, but others during the day.

Some warriors always remain in the camp to guard it in case of an attack.

Mentors train their apprentices at a designated place.

Apprentices do chores like cleaning old bedding, tending to queens and elders, and cleaning dens.

The elders tell apprentices stories while the apprentices are giving them fresh-kill, giving them moss soaked in water, or getting rid of their ticks and fleas.

New medicine cat apprentices learn each herb.

More experienced medicine cat apprentices help with minor illnesses and injuries.

The medicine cat treats injured and ill cats, trains their apprentice if they have one, and gathers herbs when their stock is low.

The leader watches over the Clan, has private meetings with warriors, and calls a Clan meeting when needed.

Cats that stay in the camp rest, sunbathe in the clearing, eat prey, or share tongues with other cats.

The cats are most active during sunrise or late afternoon. They rest at moonrise and sunhigh.

At night, one or more warriors stay awake to guard the camp while the others sleep.