Chapter 15

Chapter Fifteen

The school's library was by far the biggest room I've ever been in. There was so much room that I could get lost if I didn't have Tela and Ashely with me. Gwen and Monica had to work today so they couldn't join us, which was okay because I feel like if there were too many people here to help me, we'd all get distracted by something.

Tela led us to a corner of the library with Greater Mind wizard books. There weren't many due to many factors. Greater Minds have no boundaries so they really don't need to write it down when any one of them could just figure it out without even being told. Also they don't like to share their secrets. Lastly, about 80% of them end up going crazy, and their aren't many to begin with so thats like three of every four go crazy.

I honestly think my Greater Mind professor is one of those gone crazy as well. Like there is some kind of impending doom that no one knows about but him and its just him against the world. Tela agrees with that theory.

Ashely wasn't much help because she's a warrior, not a wizard. She does most of her learning out in the field that Simon brought me to the first time I ever came here. She mostly focused on helping me with what I missed in our joint classes while Tela helped me a lot with my wizard classes. They were a pretty good team actually.

We spent the morning in the library then ate lunch in the pretty much dead dinning room. Apparently on days off people like to stay in their rooms, or head into the city. The city is called Gempree and it 'only' has 5 million creatures living in it. As if that is a small number for a city according to Ashely. Tela thinks its huge.

"What can we do for the rest of the day?" I asked the two after we were finished eating lunch.

Tela shrugged, "you're a very quick learner so we could go into the courtyard and practice magic if you'd like. But if you want to chill, that's okay too."

"Actually," Ashely seemed a little nervous, "I have to head to the field and do a little bit of practicing for about an hour or so. You guys can come if you'd like, I won't take all that long."

"Sure, I'll come!" I smiled, "are all students allowed to work out in there or whatever you guys call it?"

Tela nodded, "yea, we can get some excursive done while you do your thing."

We all smiled. Sounded like a good plan to me. I haven't worked out in a whole week. Not since last Monday when everything started to happen. My body was definitely starting to feel it and this is probably also what I needed to really clear my mind.

The field had only two other students running around and using weapons I've never seen before. Ashely brought us back to the girls change room and let me use some of her shorts that were clean because I was in jeans while Tela was in leg gins so she said she didn't need anything. She even had a hair elastic for me to use, which was really nice for her.

Ashley had started by running laps then went onto doing some of the drills she had been learning. She wasn't fluid with them, mostly just stiff, so she wanted to work on not thinking so hard about them and rather just doing it like she'd been doing it forever.

I stretched first and Tela looked at me with surprise, "holy crap, you're really flexible."

I laughed lightly, "gymnastics and cheerleading will do that to a person."

That made her laugh as she tried to stretch but she wasn't as good as me. Then we took on running laps. Tela was at least a foot taller than me and that gave her an advantage because she could run faster than me. And she was pretty good at it too.

After that it was pretty much just me trying to teach her some cheerleading things. Though she could hardly even do a cartwheel. It was still pretty fun. After a while Tela had to sit down and I went on doing my own thing until Ashely finally came over.