Chapter 42

Peyton

We got here before the boys did which made me somewhat happy because that means that they weren't driving like maniacs.

Payton giving me a fake I.D. is by far one of the greatest gifts I've ever gotten.

Okay, maybe I shouldn't say that.. That makes me sound like a total alcoholic..

It's just makes my partying life a whole lot easier.. There. That sounds better.

Being here reminds me of my senior year of high school. I partied hard in this place.. The son of the owner of this place is best friends with my brother, so he knew that if he didn't let us in here, then we'd go do the same thing we were gonna do here but somewhere else. He knows how the Becker kids roll.

"P come get a drink with me." Payton said with a wink. She motioned me over to the bar and I grabbed Chloe's hand to have her follow me.

"What are you thinking?" Payton asked as I just stood in front of the bar.

"Hmm well if I really want to have fun tonight then I most definitely need a cock-"

"Cocktail!" Payton finished for me, "we'll have two bloody marys"

"Oh lord. I'm starting to think that I.D was a bad idea." I heard behind me as a hand slipped around my waist.

I looked over my shoulder and saw Luke shaking his head at me. "What took y'all so long?"

"We stopped at a strip club."

"Yeah, right." I said with an eye roll as I grabbed my drink from Payton.

"It's on me," Payton said, "and I bought pretty boy one too." She handed Luke a Bloody Mary as well.

"Thanks.. Even though I'm pretty sure I've never had a cocktail in my life." Luke said while smelling the drink with a disgusted face.

"Well you are tonight! Drink up." She said with a wink.

"Cheers to P and Luke!" Chloe shouted.

We all put our drinks together and cheered.

Luke

It's been a couple hours since we've been here and Peyton is definitely having the time of her life.

Something about her being around her friends brings a whole new side of her that I've never seen.

I also don't get how this girl gets drunk so easily.. I've had a couple beers plus that cocktail and I'm just a little buzzed.

"Luke come dance with me!" Peyton shouted over the music while grabbing my arm.

The thing about that is, I've been dancing with her this whole night.

A man needs a break. Especially a man who has a broken leg.

I think Chloe saw my pain because she grabbed Peyton and started dancing with her. Of course Peyton immediately started dancing with her, forgetting that she was trying to drag me with her.

"Man that girls a handful." Some dude said while coming up and sitting on a barstool next to me.

"Nah man. She's just having fun." I responded while taking a swig of my beer.

"Oh I know. I'm an old friend." He chuckled while putting his arm up to get the bartenders attention.

"Oh really? Did y'all go to school together?"

"Yeah we did. I guess you could say we were pretty close."

"Yeah, she has a lot of close friends here. Why didn't you come to dinner with us?"