Meeting Max Irons

MEETING MAX

By APM530

I’m mischievous.

I spotted Max, mellow in demeanor and slightly disheveled in appearance. He had the warmest smile and such a calming green graze. One could not help be drawn to him.

And that I was. Yet, how do I approach him?

I’m resourceful.

I would have to make do with what I had. What did I have? I looked around. Bryant Park wasn’t very crowded. Perhaps the overcast skies warding people off. I loved days like this. Always made me miss England though…

Focus!

He sat not too far away reading a book. I wonder what it was? Good enough icebreaker?

Think, think, think! I’m good at starting random conversation. I’ll just have to go for it.

“Hi, would you mind terribly if I sat here?”

Max glances up at me lowering his book. Then notices the empty table and chairs all around suspicious that I should choose to sit at the  only one presently occupied. His suspicious gaze wanders back to me and then smiles.

“Sure.”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt your reading. Just felt like meeting someone new today,” I say and don’t say I wanted to more specifically have that person be you.

This has him curious I could tell, his smirk an indication that I had his attention.

Our talks are of distance places and times and our love for those adventures.

Unfortunately, I could not stay too long but I was determined to not have this be the end. “I have to run to a few meetings but it’s been lovely speaking with you.”

“Likewise. I’m glad you chose me to meet today.” That smile of his, infectious. There was such an imperfect perfection to him.

“Forgive me if this is too forward, but would you care to join me for a drink a little later? I know a great bier-garten not far from here.”

He thought about it for a moment as I held my breath. “Fantastic idea.”

“Great. Meet me here at 5 and we’ll walk over together?”

“See you then.”

“I’m Pati by the way.”

“Max.”

“I know.” I get up and start to walk away waving farewell to his puzzled expression. “See you later.”