Epilogue-HOLD UP

"GWEN!"

I sniggered and burrowed deeper inside the closet. Yes, I was in a literal closet. Why? Because my very large and very angry boyfriend may just yet kill me.

"GWEN YOU BETTER GET YOUR ASS HERE RIGHT NOW OR GOD SO HELP ME I WILL KILL YOU I SWEAR!"

His voice was getting closer and I tried not to breathe, or really just move at all. If he found me, I'd be seeing the inside of a coffin sooner than later.

Unfortunately, I was clearly not still enough because the cupboard door was wrenched open and I was dragged out. I looked up into Dev's glaring face and struggled not laugh. I failed miserably and ended up snorting into his chest. This did nothing to improve his disposition and he gave me a little shake. Saying nothing, he proceeded to frog march me into his dorm's living room. Still keeping a firm hand on me (I tended to run away) he motioned angrily to the ceiling
"Why" he asked, fighting to keep calm "Is all my stuff taped to the ceiling?"

As I trained my eyes to the ceiling, I tried so very hard not to laugh. Because belts, shoes, plates, cups, shirts and a couple other odds and ends were on the ceiling, looking oddly as if gravity had been reversed. I watched as one piece of tape came loose and, as if in slow motion, his soccer ball came crashing down to the ground...and on his head. He yelped and let me go, but it didn't matter. I was laughing hard enough to be incapacitated.

I should've run when I could've because the rest of the evening was spent getting tickled and other, similar such dying.

ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ

Ring.
"Hello?"
"Hello? Gwen?"
"Gabby?"
"Gwen!"
"Gabby!"
"I'm pregnant!"

"Gwen?"

"Hello?"

"Gwen?!"

"Hello? It's Devon speaking, who is this?"
"Hi Dev, it's Gabby. Where's Gwen?"
"I think she just fainted"

ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ

From: Cornelia Whitfield
To: Devon Whitfield

Hello little brother,
I hope you're doing well. I hope Gwen is too. I know this postcard says I'm in Malaysia, but I'm posting it the day I'm leaving, and I'm very well likely in Bangkok right now. My internet isn't steady so these are what you'll be getting for a while. Helium says hi too. She also says that you should hurry the hell up. It's been five years.
Lots of love,
Corny

ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ

"Gwen"
"Yes, Dev?"
"Gwen, look at me"

I took my glasses off from the bridge of my nose and frowned over my thesis at my stupid human boyfriend. Devon Whitfield was still the child he was when he was eighteen and his eyes were currently alight with the same childish twinkle that, I'd come to learn, signified that he was about to do something very brave and very reckless.

"What is it?" I sighed, getting ready to deal with whatever craziness he had lately come up with.
"I was thinking..."
"Ah that's never a good sign" I said drily and he scowled at me.
"Stop being crabby"
"I have to finish this Dev! I'm getting graded for this!"
"You're always getting graded for something or the other"
"And so are you"
"Yes, but I don't get crabby over it" I raised an eyebrow
"Last week you sulked because-"
"Not the point. Gwen! Stop distracting me!" he looked agitated and I softened.
"Alright, alright" I said, holding up my hands in a gesture of peace "Tell me"
"Okay, I need this to be perfect, stand up"
"Dev-"
"Come on, Gwen" he begged and I huffed, gave in and stood up.
"You happy now?" I asked, surlier than ever.
"Very. Now stand there" he said, directing me to a spot in the middle of our living room. I sighed and did so.
"Now what-Oh hell no"