Mikey's Boss

Okay so I decided to make this story a while ago. So far I only have bits and pieces worked out but not to worry I shall update as soon as I think I have enough to satisfy you guys :}D

This is my first historical fiction kinda thing I didn't put into that catigory though because I even feel that this was that kind of genre. Any way I hope you like and please vote and tell me what you think.

Later on I may have to switch to rated R ...I'm not so sure yet :? but if you cna't get enough of this check out my other stories :}D

Hope you enjoy!!! Have a Nice Day!!!

******

nineteen years earlier:

An infant's cry pierced the air of the room making the man rush to the crib with the glass bottle.

"It's okay daddy's here," he cooed as he settled the bottle of warm milk on the nightstand nearby. "I'm here baby girl," picking up the delicate child out of the crib made him smile for the first time in the last couple of weeks. Her eyes were still closed as she cried in his cradles embrace. "Daddy's here," he finally silenced the small child with the bottle of milk.

After moments of staring at her dark curls the quiet shim of his clock got his attention. It was two in the morning as he rocked from one foot to the next, his own way of pacing from wall to wall. Muffled footsteps caught his attention as they drew closer in the hallway out the door, A small knock on the door followed the silent steps outside the door.

"Come in," the tiered man called from inside, quiet not to disturb the fragile child in his arms. She finally managed to snooze while numbly sucking the bottle's tit.

A young man stepped inside with his coat and hat still on from the night's patrol. "Boss," he said gravely but loud enough to make the man shush him and look at the child in concern. "Boss," he repeated again quietly. "They found her," he said, after a long pause, not aware that the man held his breath, he continued. "She's gone."

The man with tiered eyes looked long and hard at the child I his arms, an unreadable expression on his face. Finally after comparing the child in his arms with the woman he once knew he looked up. "Please leave me and my daughter alone, David," the rough tiered voice spoke quietly but knew he was heard. He had never spoke David's name before and that night was not one that called for nicknames.

"Boss," David called quietly with concern.

"Please, David, I promise not to do anything that irrational," with the weak security of the man's safety David left the room. The quiet filled the man's ear's as soon as David steps disappeared down the hall.

"Look's like it's just you and me Scarlet," the man whispered into his child's hair before slipping the bottle out of her mouth. Careful not to startle her he fixed her in his arms and burped her. Silent tears fell down his cheeks as he settled Scarlet in her crib to sleep the night away. "I pray you won't hear gun shots tonight my girl."