NARRATOR

"I'm back!" Sam called from the entry way, kicking off his shoes. He walked farther in the house, and waltzed into the kitchen. Jess was making lunch, grilled cheese and a ceaser salad. "Morning sunshine," Sam said, as he kissed her on the cheek. Jess laughed.

"Sam, it's 12:30, it's not morning." She stated. He smiled.

"Yes, but I didn't see you this morning," Sam countered, his hand reaching into the salad bowl to grab a crouton. Jess slapped his and and shot him a teasing glare.

"No stealing! The government hates competition!" She scolded, the corners of her mouth twitching up in a smile.

"Awe, can I steal a kiss?" Sam asked playfully. Jess put her hands on her hip.

"Let me think about that..." She started but Sam cut her off with a peck on the lips.

"Ah! Thief! Criminal!" She shouted and ran around the house. Sam laughed and took off after her...after he grabbed a crouton. Jess hid behind the door. She heard Sam creep around the corner.

"Jess...where are you?" He called. He knew where she was. Years of training taught him to know things like that. He walked passed the door she was hiding behind. And then ran around the corner and back to the kitchen to wait for her. Jess creeped out and made her way back to the kitchen...only to find Sam lying in wait. She squealed and turn around to run but tripped over the carpet and started to fall. Sam reached out to grab her but ended up being pulled down with her.

"Mph! Get off me you weigh as much as a moose!" Jess laughed. Sam smirked, and popped a crouton into his mouth. Jess smiled and rolled her eyes. "All this chaos over a freaking crouton." She muttered. Sam pecked her on the lips and got up, extending a hand to help her. She took it and as soon as she stood up she used her momentum to pull him back on the ground. She stood triumphantly. "HA! I win! I have bested the mighty beast! The mighty moose ain't so mighty after all!" She laughed. Sam peeled his face out of the carpet and put his hands up in a mock surrender.

"Oh no! It seems I have been bested by Miss Jessica the Brave. Now I must retreat to Moose heaven...but first," he started off, jumping up and stealing another crouton. "a crouton for the road!" He laughed and plopped down at the table. "What did I miss? An anniversary, birthday, hmm?" He asked. Jess looked at him quizzically. "All this fancy cooking..." He explained, gesturing to the salad and the grilled cheese. Jess rolled her eyes.

"This isn't fancy, this is called lunch." She replied.

"Ah, my brother would call it rabbit food. I on the other hand would call it fancy, since college students can't even manage to buy ramen. And not to mention we are both broke..." Sam answered. Jess's head shot up.

"Oh!" She exclaimed and stopped tossing the salad to hand Sam and envelope. "A man came bye and delivered this today. He said "Hi, um, Sam should know who I am. Can you please give this to him? And also tell him that I'm sorry for not fully supporting him in going to college. Thanks." And then he left." She explained, going back to tossing the salad. Sam furrowed his eyes together in confusion. He opened the letter and out fell a letter, and a check. He unfolded the letter and started to read.

Hey Sammy,
I know I have been distant but I figured that's what you would want being in college in all. Dad, he's not in good shape Sam. Ever since you left he has been drinking more and leaving for longer times. He hasn't been back in at least a year now, he didn't even tell me where he was going. All he told me was "Take care of your brother, and don't try to follow me." Sam I have no clue where he is, all I know is that he was tracking the thing that killed mom. I'm not going to ask you to leave college but, could you at least maybe call once in a while? I'm sorry that I won't be around much longer, and this is your share from all the jobs and 'accounting mishaps' that have happened recently. It's also your savings that I started for you when you were 4.

Bye Sammy.
-Dean

Sam ripped up the letter and picked up the check. It was worth $75,000Jess walked over to him and peered over his shoulder.

"Damn! You have one hella nice brother! Not a lot of people would give their little brother 75 grand!" She exclaimed. Sam just glared at the paper.

"Jess. You take it. Put it in the bank I don't care! I don't want anything from my brother." Sam stated, fuming in anger.