All Day Shopping Trip For Two

Steve's POV:

"This t-shirt or this button-down?" Tony held up an ACDC t-shirt and a plaid red and black button down shirt against his body.

"Definitely the button down. The shirt is too... You, I guess. It just looks like something you would wear. Remember we're supposed to be disguised." I said as Tony added it to the basket. We'd spend about 3 hours in the one shop, buying a whole new wardrobe (with accessories) for each of us. It was exhausting.

When we'd finished in Primark, we moved quickly onto a nearby Claire's Accessories. We didn't spend long in there, only buying a pair of fake glasses and a couple of beanies for me. Tony had told me to kinda go for the hipster look, while he was going for the 'punk rock' look. His words, not mine.

Then after about half an hour searching, we found a walk-in barbers. Sitting down in the chair, I felt a little nervous. I'd never really bothered with my hair, always had it in pretty much the same style. The only guy I knew that every really bothered with their hair was Bucky. He loved his hair. It's bad when a haircut reminds you of your best friend, isn't it?

I didn't get my hair changed much, just a little trim, like usual. I wasn't brave enough to change it too drastically. But Tony did. Since his fringe is actually pretty long, he got an undercut with the sides shaved so that he could tie his hair in a man bun. It looked pretty cute.

After we got pretty much everything we needed, we stopped at a poundland. It was pretty much the same as a Dollar Store. We bought some essentials, like shampoo and body wash. After paying, we moved onto a charity shop. I bought some books. Tony bought a guitar.

By around 6, we had pretty much everything we needed. There was only one thing left.

"Have you seen an Apple Store at all?" Tony asked me. I shook my head.

"Why don't we ask someone?" I said in reply. Tony shook his head.

"Or how about Siri?" Tony took out his phone. "Siri, where is the nearest Apple Store?"

The smartphone replied, spitting out directions. The nearest one was about a block away, so we decided to walk instead of taking a cab.

We managed to find our way there, only almost getting run over twice. Everywhere we went seemed to be packed full of people. Every store was full, some fast food places even spilling out onto the street outside.

Tony went straight up to the guy at the counter. "Hello, have you got an iPhone 6 here?" He asked politely.

"Oh, an American, aren't you two cute? We do have some iPhone 6's in stock, what colour would you like?" The guy asked. His name tag said his name was Will.

Tony turned to me. "What colour, babe?"

I opened my mouth to protest. "Tony, you can't buy me an iPhone. They're like 400 bucks!" I exclaimed.

"I can buy you one. I'm doing it right now. What colour?" He asked again.

"We have a budget of £1000, remember?" I told him.

"Steve, babe, I'm a billionaire. I can spend my own money on someone I love. And it practically pays itself back. So, please, just pick a colour." Tony said. I sighed.

"Fine. Uh, silver, I guess." I told Tony, who in turn told the guy at the counter.

The Will guy popped round the corner and came back a second later with a brand-new, packaged up iPhone 6. Tony and I said our thank you's then left the store, hand in hand.

"I think we did pretty good today. We got everything we needed." Tony said, as we got into a cab. Our hands were full of bags, from Primark to Poundland, Converse to Apple Store.

---

"God, I'm exhausted." Tony said, slumping down on the couch, arms still full of bags. I sat down next to him.

"Ugh, same." I replied, taking off my glasses and my beanie and dropping them on the floor. I ran my hand through my hair.

"What are we gonna have for dinner?" Tony sighed. "There's, like, nothing to eat."

I shrugged. "I'll make something." I stood up from the couch.

"I'll help." Tony stood up too, following me through to the kitchen. He lent on the counter while I looked through the fridge.

"Are we going for healthy and easy, or really tasty and easy?" I asked. Fury had stocked the fridge before we came so we had a lot of fruit and veg, as well as some meat and things. We'd bought some stuff, like pasta, bread, eggs and stuff, to stock the cupboard while we were out today.

"Healthy and easy, to make up for last night's pizza." Tony decided quickly.

"What about... Chicken and noodle stir-fry?" I asked. I turned around to see Tony nodding.

"Sounds good to me. Do you want me to chop the vegetables and stuff?" Tony asked, walking over to me and opening the cutlery drawer. He grabbed a knife and then opened another drawer and grabbed a chopping board.

"What vegetables?" Tony asked. He looked really excited to cook with me.

"What do you usually have in a stir-fry? Mushrooms, peppers and sugar-snap peas. I think." I hadn't really cooked anything in a long time. I think the last time I actually cooked dinner was before Tony got hurt on that mission.

"Why don't you google it? On your brand new iPhone." Tony laughed.

"Oh, yeah. But it's not set up yet." I replied. Tony ran - literally sprinted like a child - through to the living room and came back a moment later, holding the little box.

He sat at the island and patted next to him for me to sit down. He showed me how to set up the phone and how to insert the SIM card and everything.

It was 9pm when we finally finished dinner.