New Girls in School part 1

Chapter 4

Miracle-(writing in her diary) So, it’s my first night here and I got into a fight with my cousin and I met a boy named Kelly, who I really think is fine.  Hopefully tomorrow will be fine because I start at a new school. Although I’m gonna be around people I don’t like I will just ignore them and hang out with Mel, my sisters, and my cousins. (closes her diary)

First Day at School…

Mel-(driving) So Miracle, are you excited?

Miracle-To be at a new school (laughs)…no.

Mel-Why?

Miracle-Mel you already know why.(looks at Mel)

Mel-If this is about Quincy, forget about him. You met a new guy, what’s his name?

Miracle-Kelly.

Mel-Doesn’t he go to our school?

Miracle-Yeah.

Mel-Then girl you should be excited. Show Quincy you can get a man as easily as he can get a hoe.

Miracle-(laughs) You a mess.

Miracle-Well,(talks to everyone else) are you guys excited to be at a new school.

Malena and Liz-You know we are.

Armani-I’m happy I’ll be in most of my classes with Brionna.

Ashley-I’m not.

Miracle and Mel-Why not?

Ashley-Because, even though I don’t mind being by myself, I really don’t want to be in a class with Brandy. Y’all already know we don’t get along.

Mel-Well don’t worry she might not be in any of your classes, she doesn’t even go to class. She hangs out with Lauren and her friends, they think they run the school.

Miracle-Well as long as they don’t start with me I’m good.

At The School…

Mel-Come on Miracle and Ashley, I’ll show you where your first class is.

Ashley-You don’t have to show me I got a paper to tell me where my classes are.

Mel-Okay, let’s go Miracle we’re in the same classes for all four periods.

Miracle-Okay.

With Ashley…

Ashley-(walks into English class)

Mr. Miller-Hello, are you the new student we are expecting?

Ashley-Yes, I’m Ashley Smith.

Mr. Miller- Are you related to the Smith sisters?

Ashley-Yes I am, we’re cousins.

Mr. Miller-Well tell us a little about yourself Ashley.

Ashley-Well to make this quick, my name is Ashley Smith, I moved here with my four other sister to live with my aunt because my parents were deployed. (looks at the teacher) That’s it.

Mr. Miller-Well thank you. You can sit right there next to Sammie. Sammie raise your hand.

Sammie-(raises his hand) That’s me.

Ashley-(sits down)

Sammie-Hi I’m Sammie.(holds his hand out)

Ashley-I’m Ashley(shakes his hand)

Sammie-It’s nice to meet you.

Ashley-You too. *thinking* wow, first day at a new school and I’m sitting next to a hot guy, mm mmm mmm.

With Malena and Liz…

Liz- Hey Nautica, what’s our first class?

Nautica-History.

Malena and Liz-History?!

Malena-I really don’t like history class.

Nautica-It’s not that bad, besides my teacher makes it very interesting.

Liz-Whatever you say Nana.

Nautica-Please don’t call me that here.

Liz-Okay I won’t… Nana.(she laughs)

With Brionna…

Bri-(in class) Armani, this is my best friend/boyfriend Princeton and his best friend Bryan. Guys this is my cousin.

Armani-You have a boyfriend Brionna!

Bri-Yes but now only you know that, if Mel found out I had a boyfriend she would kill me.

Armani-Same here Miracle, won’t let me date either, sorry I didn’t even say hi. Hi Princeton and Bryan.

Princeton-Hey.

Bryan-What’s up?

Princeton-What are you two doing on Friday?

Bri- We’re not doing anything. I really wanted to go skating.

Princeton-Well how about we all just meet up on Friday at the skating rink.

Bri-That’s fine with me.

Armani-No it’s not.

Bri-Why not?

Armani- I can’t skate.

Bryan-Well I can help you if you don’t mind.

Armani- (smile) That’ll be fine.