Obsidian Eyes (Harry Potter Fan-Fiction) Severus Snapes' Daughter

Prologue-

"Hello, Helena, now my name is Henry Raithewaite. I am the Medi-Wizard, that shall be performing the delivery tonight. Now, if you could pop your legs up please, and I'll just have a check to see if you're fully dilated."

Helena, sweat pouring down her face from the pain of contractions, simply nodded, her eyes blinking furiously. Taking a look, Henry smile, and looked at Helena.

"I think we're almost ready, about a minute left. Now, let's think about some deep breathing, to calm you down, and also for preparation. Are you ready? Good, breath in...breath out. Breath in...breath out. Good, good, we're ready now, I believe! Now, when I say Push, you push, only when I say so." Henry warned, grabbing his wand, and casting a white, shiny gleam over his hands. He then proceeded to hold them ready. The pain intensified, and Helena clamped her mouth shut.

Henry looked up at Helena, "Remember, I'm right here, okay, get ready now." The pain was building up, and Helena found herself shaking, clutching the sheets tightly.

"Three...Two..One..PUSH!" He shouted, above the scream that Helena let past her lips.

"And again..PUSH!"

For a minute or two, Helena's screams filled the room, and all the pictures looked at her with annoyed expressions, proceeding to cover their ears. A couple even walked out of their paintings, leaving behind blank backdrops.

"I can see the head!" Henry shouted to Helena. And a couple of seconds later, the crys of a baby filled the air. Helena fell back on the bed, throat and body sore and knuckles pure white. Her hair clung to her forehead. Henry stepped over, holding a plastic cup with pink liquid.

"Drink it up, all pain will subside. And then you get to see your little baby. You never asked for the sex?" He asked. Helena nodded, and drank the potion thankfully. As it hit her throat, she shuddered, a cold feeling swept across her body. Handing the cup back to Henry, he swept across the room, and came back, holding a bundle of pink blankets.

"I wish the blankets had been white, it would've been a surprise." He scowled, but smiled again. Henry sure is optimistic, Helena thought. Accepting the bundle, a tiny face was viewable, as was a shock of black hair, that turned to a nice, Chestnut Brown, that trancended to a lovely Strawberry Blonde.

"Ah, it seems you've given birth to a Metamorphmagus, very, very rare indeed! Do you have any Metamorphmagus blood in your family?" Henry asked delightfully.

"No, I'm Muggle-Born." Helena breathed, tears of joy in her hazel eyes.

"Ah, well, you find that happens in some cases. I've never delivered one before, privelage, I must say. Excuse me for my rambling," He coughed, a pink tinge to his cheeks, "Do you have a name in mind?"

"Yes, Arabella Helena Snape. S-n-a-p-e." Helena answered, stroking her daughters cheek. Arabella's hair was now the most shocking colour of pink.

"And Snape is the fathers last name. Where is he?"

Helena hesitated for a split second, and then looked at Henry. Why not tell him the truth? Or some of it...

"He's working, his boss told him to stay. He works with potions, dangerous business." She answered, slightly perky. Henry took some notes, concerning the baby's health, ("Fit as a Fiddle!") and then he looked up.

"Well, everything seems to be in order. I'll leave you alone to have some time with Arabella, let you sleep, and then I must insist we move her to the nursery. I'm assuming Healer Brannen will pop in at some point in time. Don't mind him, he's a Trainee, and might want to take some notes."