Chapter Eight-Happily Ever After?

Hunter: Present Day

After the werewolves left, I turned and stared at Rob.

"How the hell could you let them go!?" I scream at him. "They're werewolves! Dangerous werewolves!" He turns to leave. "No! No, your going to stay here and explain to me why the hell you let them go!" He turns to me.

"Hostage situation Viv."

"Yea! But what about when they let wes go!?"

"You don't think she could have go to him before we could aim? That Alpha, Roxy, she's the fastest known wolf." My stomach sinks. "She could have killed Wes before you could blink I bet. So do not yell at me."

"Rob-"

"Shut up, Viv." I frown. "This is no longer your mission."

"Your taking it?!"

"No. The New Moon pack is on protected territory. We can't do anything to them unless they step out of line! It doesn't matter if you want to or not. They have to mess up, but right now, you messed up."

"No I didn't! The council sent me!"

"The council wouldn't do that..." He trails off. "They sent me to stop you..."

"The council wouldn't mislead us would they?"

"I don't know, but it's time to come home."

I look away then nod. The council wouldn't mislead us. They protect us so we protect the world from werewolves. I mean really, they wouldn't have us attack a pack on protected territory. They'd have us watch the pack to see if they deserve the protection. Yet, they sent me here to kill off the pack. That's not natual. Super unnatural.

Roxy: Present Day

I woke up in Hue's arms on the couch where we fell asleep. He was still asleep, so I slipped out of his arms and go and change. I brush out my hair and look at myself. Searching for a difference in me after I told Hue that I loved him last night. But the only difference is the small sparkle in my eyes that wasn't there before. I wash my face and stretch. I look at the time and my eyebrows lift. We slept in past ten, and I hated that.

I leave the bathroom and Hue isn't on the couch. I smell him in the kithcen cooking and go in. He's stilll in his pants, the shirt he had on was ruined and in the trash. I watch him cook and roll his shoulders. I walk up beside him and he smiles while watching the food cook.

"Morning." He says.

"Morning." He hugs me. "Did you sleep okay? Your heartbeat is still a bit...off beat."

I place my hand over his heart to feel it thumping. It gets a little faster when my hand touches his skin. I look at him and remove my hand.

"I am sorry that you came to the City and got wolfnapped. And the silver cuting you."

"It was all worth it since you told me that you loved me." He puts his hand on my cheek. "I'd go through a million Hunters with silver weapons just to hear that." I smile and kiss him.

"Well, hurry up and cook, cause we need to go. Killer wants his car back and I want to make sure no one else is missing." He nods.

My phone rings and I pull away from him to answer it.

"Talk to me."

"Hello Roxy." I growl. "Wait, before you say anything or hang up I want to talk to you.."

"About what?"

"The Hunter Council sent me here, telling me to kill off your pack."

"Really? Well this is protected territory."

"Yes, yes I know. But you don't understand. When the council tells a Hunter to do something, they do it. No questions asked. But after I killed Alex and Derek, and had Hue in my clutches, the Hunter Council sent my brother to stop me."

"What's this have to do with me?"

"I think the council just wanted to know about you. They know I capture and toture wolves for infomation the best. I think they wanted to know about the New Moons and you."

"Well, now they do. Now leave me the hell alone. If you ever step on my territory again, I'm killing you."

I hang up and look at Hue. I know he heard but he acted like he didn't. I go up and hug him from behind and lay my head on his back. I breath him in.

"It's finally over. The Hunters are gone and it's just me and you and the packs." I whisper.

"Fine by me."

"I love you."

"I love you too Rox."

He turns and wraps his arms around me. I sigh and know it's not over. It'll never be over so long as that Hunter thinks her Hunter Council wanted to know about me and my pack. But for now, I'll hold onto my mate and watch over my pack like the Alpha I am.