Possessed - Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

She narrowed her eyes at Dante and stood up, taking Spencer’s hand as she walked into the bedroom to pack a bag.  Dante was beginning to get in her way and she didn’t like it. Nothing would ever come in the way or her and Spencer. They belonged together.

“Are you okay?” Spencer asked.

She nodded. “I’m fine; just want to get to yours.”

He wrapped his arms around her and she closed her eyes, sinking into his chest. He had never held her like that before and she didn’t ever want it to end. Did he do that to her often? The thought of it made her stomach turn. He wasn’t supposed to be with anyone but her. Devon was in the way too, but without her she wouldn’t be able to get to him. She was a necessity. If she had to live in her body forever she would, just so she could be with him.

When Spencer pulled away her heart hurt. She wanted him back, their skin still touching. She needed that physical contact. “Let’s pack and get out then, baby.”

Baby. Why did he call Devon baby? She had never heard him call anyone that, not even any of his bitch exes had been given that name.

“Okay.”

Turning to hide the pain on her face she picked up a few things on the dressing table. Staring into the mirror she tried to understand why Spencer went for Devon. Sure she was pretty but she was blonde hair and blue eyed – the exact opposite of her. Most of Spencer’s exes were brunettes, with the exception of one that had only lasted a week. It was the reason she died her mousy blonde/brown hair chocolate. Devon wasn’t his type so why her?

“Devon?” Spencer called.

It took her a minute to realise he was talking to her. “Yeah?”

He frowned. “You sure everything’s okay?”

“Sorry,” she said, shaking her head, “I was in my own world.”

“Here’s a bag,” he said, opening a small suitcase. “As long as you have whatever clothes and make-up you want, I’m sure I have the rest. Let’s get out of here, yeah?”

She agreed and packed in a hurry, making it look as if she was scared and desperate to leave.

Spencer drove them to his house and she watched out of the window as he pulled into his driveway. So this was where he had moved to. She had never been here before, the area was a mystery, but at last she knew where he was.

Dante was given the tour and she followed behind seeing the house for the first time but knowing Devon had been here before. She looked around, taking everything in and memorising where everything was. Just how often had Devon been in his house? Often enough to know her way around the kitchen?

After the tour, Zara sat down on the sofa and curled up, making herself at home. She felt alive, oddly. With Spencer, in his house, was where she belonged, and as soon as Dante left them to it the better. She would have to try ditching him, ending his friendship with Devon so he would leave her alone.

“How’re you feeling, Girl?” Dante asked her, keeling down so he was level.

She pushed herself back into the sofa. “I’m okay now. I needed to be here.”

He nodded. “I know. Don’t worry about a thing. We’ll sort it.”

Spencer sat beside her. “He’s right. I know it’s scary but we’ll do whatever it takes.”