Two

2)

I thought it would be easier, to tell you the truth. I thought it would be easier to catch Hunter. But by the time I reached Redden's doors, I knew he wasn't inside, call it instinct or whatever.

I blew Chan, the bouncer, a kiss before he let me inside. The night was young and so were most of the hoes grinding on the floor. I sat at the bar and winked at the bartender.

"And what can I get this pretty lady?" he smirked at me.

"A name." I stated.

"Name's Vick." he winked at me.

I sniggered a little. "Not your's hotshot. A man that was here a while ago. Goes by the name Hunter."

"Looks like you already have his name." His attitude turned completely dismissive as soon as I had rejected him.

"No. I need a last name." I emphasized.

"I didn't catch it. I don't swing that way obviously." He rolled his eyes at me. I felt like stabbing his eyes and pulling them out.

"So you know who he is?" I questioned, ignoring his last statement.

"Yeah," Vick murmured, "he was here a while ago. Loves to seduce every girl he meets. I'd stay away if I were you." Vick took a last shot in steering me away from Hunter. Little did he know that I wasn't here to pine over him, that I was here to kill him.

"How did he look like lover boy?" I needed new information. I was running out of time. Every second wasted here could be another step Hunter takes further away from this town.

"He had midnight black hair. I believe he also had dark eyes. It was really hard to tell under these flashing lights. He looked about twenty years of age." Vick pondered as he wiped the counter.

Shadows liked to change form a lot. I hoped this was Hunter's original form, the one he was born with as a human. Shadows thought their original form was sacred and was the most dear to their black hearts.

"Thanks Vick!" I was ecstatic that I had something, though very little. I couldn't resist as I reached over and kissed him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pushed myself on the counter. After a few seconds, I let go and waved as I walked towards the door.

I opened my fist as soon as I left the club to reveal a twenty dollar bill. Sorry Vick.

I hopped on the nearest bus and sat to think. No better place to think. I had no clue where Hunter could be. I could ask around more at the club but I'm pretty sure they would be petty clues. The best place to look now was nowhere. This was a dead end.

The bus kept driving on and on and I wish I could just stay here. A part of me always loved the immortality the Shadows had. I had so much to do, to see, to say that I couldn't accomplish all of that in one lifetime.

I kept playing Vick's words over and over. Hunter had dark hair and eyes and was twenty years of age. If he was twenty, my guess is that he would've been in college right now as he would've wanted life to continue as normal. He must have turned immortal at twenty and stayed that way. He must be older than twenty and more experienced and right now he had no clue I was after him. He seduced every girl he met. He must've taken a girl home. Probably not his, but her house. What girl did he leave with?