Twins

She was a girl who lost everything. Who thought that the world was a dark, cold, and lonely place. Lost everything she had to the fire and betrayal. Her home town now covered in yellow roses. She can't look apon these roses without the thought of losing it all.  She had only one thing left at this point of time. It was the boy.

He had only the girl. His sister was all he had and he was all she had. Holding hands the boy and the girl they walked. With the white hair, crimson eyes, and fair snow white skin. She and He were one walking in a world burned, wasted, and alone. He and She had no name that wouldn't cause pain and tears to rise and fall. She and He stood alone till the darkness came.

The darkness swallowed worlds, the people, and took form of what he pleased. He came to a barren world of dead earth, and two inhabitants. A boy and a girl. They held hands and looked at him, the darkness that stood looming over them. They shed no tears. They stood so close and looked like mirror images. They did not plead for help but reflected his soul in crimson eyes. Taking form of a man he knelt before them took hold off their hands.

The boy, the girl, and the man went to many worlds. Through day, night, sun, and rain they walked. Always holding hands the boy was to the left and the girl to the right. In one world that froze the boy's feet slipped and the man's grasp slipped too. He slipped and slid forward the ice crackled and cracked. He stood and his knees bent in struggling not to slide. The man tried to grab the boy, but it was too late. The ice fell in and so did the boy. The girl held the man's head away from the sight as the boy fell. She sat the ice's edge and looked down and cried. Her tears turned to ice. Hours later the man had managed to retrieve the body of the boy.

In another world the man and the girl found life. A village and outside that forest and more life too. The man and the girl live outside the village, by a large tree. The tree must have been hundreds of years old. The trunk thick and branches wide. It was large and wonderful oak tree. The man buried the boy at the base in the roots of the tree. His casket large enough for 3 adults. The girl watched as the dirt be thrown into the pit her brother lay in. After the boy was buried the man tried  to called to the girl. He knew no name for her.

"Alice. You will be Alice." said the man. The girl stood with a blank face. Her eyes dulled and she no longer smiled. She climbed the tree and sat in it's lowest limbs. She watched the town from this distance. The man called to her to eat. He held fruit and meat. The girl never looked down, but watched the town bustle with life.

Days went by and eventually two weeks had passed. She only left the tree to use the restroom. The man had built a house with many rooms. It was like a mansion without a second floor. She never ate and hardly drank. She laid in the tree all day and night. She never spoke a word. Becoming so frail she no longer was able to get down and eventually fell.

"Alice!" The man rushed to her as she landed on her side. Her head collided with rocks and blood was everywhere. He held her limb body. Her eyes open and she spoke.

"Who are you and who am I." Her voice was no more than a squeak of a kitten.

"Alice you are Alice." He spoke in disbelief that she had amnesia, but she responded.

"Then you are Cheshire." He laughed and carried her into the house. A month later she was well fed and was happy. Forgetting her beloved brother.

The man called her Alice. She called him Cheshire. The mansion was complete. Two stories and many rooms. It was elegant and the grounds were covered in flowers and bushes. The girl would play in the fields all day and eat and speak even dance. She came down with a sickness one day. The man went into town for a doctor and saw the children in the streets coughing, vomiting, and dead. He rushed to the doctors, and when they arrived home it was worse. The girl he called Alice had what the children had in town.

He held her everyday, she was so pale, so weak, so... little. He would carry her outside and they'd look up at the constellations. She'd cough and wheeze, and all he could do was watch. She became somewhat better and was walking again. She could talk and eat with out vomiting. The man who the girl called Cheshire was very happy.

Upstairs the man and the girl laughed as they played games unaware of downstairs. The day the girl fell from the tree was the day she had truly be Alice. When she lost her memories the world to her became the wonderland. The man she called Cheshire was her knight.

Downstairs flames devoured the house. By the time the man and the girl knew smoke burned their eyes and lungs. They were pressed against the wall. Five men held swords and torches.

"Destroy the sick children to save the healthy." They chanted coming closer and closer. The man grabbed a knife and rushed the intruders. The flooring creaked and gave way. The girl fell into the flames.

The girl fell into the flames. She fell, but she did not have a chance to truly feel them. She had been impaled, and the flames seemed to avoid her. They raged around them. She felt their heat, but she felt colder by the second. Above the man looked at the dead men that littered the floor. The flames separated as he walked down the stairs, through the halls, and into the hall. His precious princess was dead.

He knelt and cried and cried. He lifted her off the post. He carried her out of the house. He carried her to where her brother lay. Hours later the sky began crying as the man's tears fell too. He dug and dug till he found the coffin and freed it. He pried it open and there the boy lay not decayed. He laid the girl to the right while the boy was to the left. He crawled in there too and laid in the middle. His tears stop falling and his eyes closed for what the world thought would be forever.

That man who was made of nothing but darkness had fallen in love. He loved the children. The boy the girl that was who he loved. He called her Alice, but he had no name for the boy. The boy what would his name be? Rabbit? White Rabbit? He always had a pocket watch. He would win for his speed whenever the children played Tag. Yes the boy was the White Rabbit.

Now the White Rabbit, Alice, and Cheshire lay in their coffin, and after all that time the rabbit's watch still ticked. This is what happened.

The Rabbit led Alice to wonderland. They met Cheshire and were happy. When Rabbit fell and did not get up Alice left wonderland. Wonderland crumbled and shattered and Cheshire was left looking for the Alice he knew. He looked in the outside world and became terribly lost. When he found Alice she had found the rabbit hole and fallen. He jumped with her, no he jumped for her. Alice had found her way back to wonderland. The new wonderland that forced Cheshire to take Alice's hand.

Now once again wonderland was not meant to last because it burned so easily. Alice was gone too. Cheshire who was left all alone had his world break, crumble, and burn all around him. He had no home, no one, nothing at all. He now lay in the darkness that was once apart of him. He lay with the cold bodies of the ones he loved.

Years after the burning of the village and children a man and son heard of a story. A story of three people who never decayed. A story were they laid under the old oak tree near the old mansion that burned. They walked to the only oak tree that matched the story. They dug at the roots of the tree. There they hit something, and it was the casket that could fit three people. They freed it and pulled it out. They pried it open to find the man, the boy, and the girl.

The boy dressed as a prince with his back torn open showing the broken bones that killed him. The girl dressed as a princes that had a chasm where her stomach should have been. The man had no injuries. If they ignored the injuries the three looked as if they only slept. The man and boy that had dug the three up screamed and ran. The man who the girl called Cheshire had opened his eyes once more.