Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 4]

[Act 1 -Page 4]

AN: Just a quick update. This one is short, though, but let's consider this as a filler, 'ne? :D

Enjoy!~

--

"Do you mind if I court you, Amaryllis?"

Amaryllis looked hesistantly at him, trying to figure out where the question came from. It seemed like her brain had slowed down when it comes to Ryuzaki, the weird guy who made her heart pound wildly in her chest. After the heart break, she thought that it would be impossible for her to feel that crazy but oh-so desirable sensation.

But now, her heart was revived by him, and it felt good.

The problem is, there are a lot of questions running inside her head. Will he stay with her forever? What if he finds another girl? Will the pain be worth it? There is a series of 'what-if' questions, and it will surely take forever for Ryuzaki to answer all of them. Besides, if a heart break would ever to occur, it will not always be his fault. Maybe Amaryllis would be the one to break them apart. The thought was killing her; she can't afford to lose a man by her own actions.

Light left her because he looked at another girl, definitely, it wasn't her fault.

While her thoughts clouded her consciousness, Ryuzaki was able to formulate the possible outcomes of his words. It is either Amaryllis would let him, or the other way around.

Ryuzaki blinked in confusion when a tear escape her left eye. What's going on inside her head is definitely disturbing him at the least.

With his thumb, he gently brushed away the liquid, and Amaryllis was snapped out of her reverie. They both looked at each other for a moment, their eyes silently exchanging messages.

I need you.

Instead of vocalizing his thoughts, Ryuzaki leaned forward and slowly aimed for her lips. Amaryllis didn't move; she's too preoccupied with the strange rate of her heart beat, combined the curiousity of how his lips taste.

Ryuzaki slowly lifted her chin in a gentle manner, trying not to scare her, and pressed his lips against hers. He was trembling slightly; this was his first time in kissing, and obviously, he wasn't accustomed in physical contact that involves his mouth.

Amaryllis waited patiently for the deeping of the kiss, but nothing came. She could sense Ryuzaki was hesitating whether to proceed or not, and that irritated her.

And then she remembered that this guy is a social retard, with no girlfriends or whatever.

Instead of waiting more, she encircled her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. He didn't expect the gesture, and was stunned in the position. Ryuzaki lost his balance with his crouching position, and they both fell on the couch, their lips still locked on the place. He broke away from the pain of having his mouth bumping suddenly, and looked at her eyes that showed impatience and annoyance.

She was tempted to ask if Ryuzaki was gay, but it seemed that he sensed the question arising, so he quickly retorted with another kiss, hasty but not rough enough to bruise her lips. He tried remembering what Rue told him before.

Just take it slowly, Ryuzaki. Enjoy the feeling. A kiss may sound so simple to other people, but in general, it acts like one's virginity. You won't kiss someone whom you don't like.

It was weird that he compared a kiss with virginity. Oh well, at least he gave an advice, a useless advice, if he would categorize it. The two of them are really different, especially when it comes to social skills. He knew that Rue had girlfriends before, and Ryuzaki pointed that he's a uselesss lover. Then a fist fight ensued.

He did what he was told to. Enjoy the kiss, enjoy the kiss, enjoy the kiss... It was fairly enjoyable, and Amaryllis seemed to like it too. He was about to deepen it by using his tongue when...

Creak...

"Oh my...I didn't know Ryuzaki's involved in an oral practice." Rue grinned at them while they broke the kiss and sat back properly. "Alright, I'll pretend I didn't see that." He went upstairs, laughing softly, while Amaryllis and Ryuzaki blushed deeply. They avoid making any eye contact, for they might fall into temptation and do another...make-out session again. Ryuzaki groaned at the thought of his twin laughing at him again because of his poor socializing skills.

"Uhmm...so..."

Amaryllis tilted her head slightly to sneak a look, and found him biting his thumb nervously. And then she remembered the question.

"Oh...that."

"Yes."

"...I don't mind."

Charcoal eyes widened; he truly didn't expect for her to accept that. His heart started racing, at the thoughts of what his next move should be. He relaxed a bit when he felt Amy leaned on his back, a non-verbal confirmation of her answer.

"I'll wait for your plans on Monday, then?"

"H-Huh?" Pale cheeks turned red; Ryuzaki had always been a cryptic man, and one more straight-faced sentence and his brain will surely shut down.

"I'm looking forward to what ways you are going to proceed witth courting me." Amaryllis added playfully, teasing him with a small giggle.

"I'm going to make sure that you'll be impressed."

She smiled at his good choice of words. He sounded really serious about it, and she believed that Ryuzaki won't let her down.

Monday will surely be interesting.