Chapter 1: Stallion Duck Chasing

{Jimmy's POV}

"Are we there yet, Jimmy??" Rose asked from the back of the car.

"Almost, kiddo," i said, soon seeing the park in view.

I park the car and then climb out before unbuckling Rose's seat belt and putting her on the ground, along with the lunch box with out little picnic.

Brian and the guys were visiting Matt while i decided to take Rose to the park.

We walk up to the lake and set up the blanket while we stare at the ducks.

"Jimmy, can i go play with the other kids??" she asked, pointing to the nearby playground.

I look over and see some playground bully was lurking around and pushing kids around. Rose would be fresh meat in a lion's den if i say yes.

"Best not, kiddo. Doesn't seem so safe," i said.

She whines. "Please," she asked again.

I shake my head. "I wish i can, but I don't want you to get hurt, Rose," i said.

She pouts. "Fine," she said.

I hated that i kept her from being a kid, but ever since that stunt we pulled that ended up with Matt in jail and Val in a grave, i couldn't let anything, not even a paper cut, get to Rose.

"Jimmy, look!!" she shouted, pointing behind us.

I look and see Brian, Johnny, and Zack coming towards us.

"Daddy!!" Rose called, getting up and running up into Brian's arms.

"Hey there, Rosie, how's it going??" he asked, kissing Rose's ckeek.

Brian isn't Rose's dad. Matt is her dad. We haven't told her that her father is in jail, but she's accustomed to seeing Brian as the fatherly figure, Johnny and Zacky as her brothers, and me as her best friend.

Val was my best friend, so out of everyone else, I get scared for Rose more out of everyone.

The guys all take a seat as we all munch on the picnic of cookies, fruit, sandwiches, and juice i just threw into a box (Pretty sure i even accidently stuffed two beers in there by mistake).

"Whoa, dude, look at that," Johnny said as he lied down, Rose sitting on Brian's lap.

We look up. I swear, what i saw was the biggest duck I've ever seen in my life.

"Daddy, its a monster duck," Rose said.

"Look at the size of that duck," i said.

"Go for the duck, Rev," Johnny said.

"Let's catch it Daddy, please!!" Rose begged.

"Well, if we can, swetie. Ducks are hard to catch," Brian chuckled.

"Let's try it, though," I said, getting up, along with Zacky and Johnny, Zacky grabbing his camera phone and recording.

I look, seeing Rose trying to get Brian up until he finally gave in and was dragged by Rose.

"Jesus christ!! Come here, fucking Stallion duck!!" I called out as me and Johnny tried to trap the duck.

"Go Jimmy, go get him," Rose shouted.

"God, that's a big duck," Zack said.

"Damn, i almost got him!!" Johnny said.

"He's not afraid at all," I said, running up, but then the duck takes off to the lake.

"That's not a duck, that's some dinosaur or something," Brian called.

"True that," Zacky said.

"We'll get you one day, Stallion duck!!" i shouted.

Rose was laughing herself to the ground and Brian picked her up.

"Hey, let's get going, guys. Its getting late," Brian said.

We all packed up and headed back, Rose in my car. As soon as i climbed in, i get a text on my phone from Brian.

We need to talk. It's about Matt. ~SynGates

I scrunch my eyebrows and reply.

Alright. At night, after Rose is asleep. ~REVerend

I stuff my phone in a cup holder and i pull out, Rose beginning to doze off.

If its about Matt, it can't be good.. Can it?? I mean, i don't know the worst case scenario, so I'm wondering what's up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How many votes for that Stallion Duck??!!! :D

VOTE!! COMMENT!! FAN ME!! SHARE WITH OTHERS!!

FEEDBACK!!!! ^.^=