Chapter Two: The New Town

That night, Myra could not get to sleep. Finally giving up, Myra pulled herself to an upright position and reached for the switch on her reading lamp. Finding it, she flicked it on and the room was washed in a warm glow.

She went to grab her novel off of the nightstand, but something sharp hit her palm. "Ow!" Myra exclaimed, retracting her hand. Wiping her tired but sleepless eyes, she focused on what it was. Her new Amiibo. Myra smiled as the figure was cast in the calm light of the lamp.

"I guess I'm not used to you being there." She muttered with a small grin. Reaching for the book again, she made sure to avoid the Link Amiibo.

Myra settled back into her bed, opening her book. Content, she read for quite awhile. At least, as long as she could before a crash interrupted her. "What the?"

She hastily placed the bookmark in her book and set it down beside her. In one motion, she swung her legs around the bed and placed her feet on the floor. Carefully, she stood. The last thing she wanted was to wake her foster parents.

Waiting in silence, Myra tried to discern another sound, but none came. So she made towards the door. However, it only took two steps before she stepped on something.

"Gah! Shit!" Myra lifted her foot to look at what she stepped on. The Amiibo! "How on earth..?"

With a seriously confused look, she bent over to pick it up. Normally, she would have assumed it just fell off. But it was so far away from the nightstand, it made no sense. Myra sat back on her bed, and eyed the figure carefully, to see if there was anything out of the ordinary. Honestly, she had no idea what she was expecting. A string or something, to pull it off? But to her great surprise nothing seemed out of place.

"Huh. That is really weird." Myra mused, placing the Amiibo back on her nightstand. "Maybe I'm just hallucinating or something. That must be it," She assured herself.

Myra yawned, turning off the light and tucking herself back under the down-stuffed covers. After the scare, it took her no time to drift off into sleep.

~*~*~*~*~

"Myra, Myra! Get up!"

The girl shot upright. Her gaze darted across the room to see who spoke, but saw nothing. Looking out the window, she realized the moon was still up. Who on earth was in her room in the middle of the night?

"Myra! Over here!"

She got out of her bed and stood, more carefully in case her Amiibo 'fell' again. Luckily her feet only touched the hardwood floor. Looking around, her eyes settled on the window on the side or her room. Myra cautiously approached it. She didn't really know what to expect, but it certainly was't what she saw.

Enzo was grasping the ledge of the window, seated on the shingles of the roof. He had something in his hand. Myra had a totally confused look as she undid the latch and pulled the glass upwards. Her friend tumbled inside.

"What the hell are you doing in my house, in the middle of the night!?" Myra immediately yelled quietly, taking a step back. Her hands were placed firmly on her hips, looking towards Enzo defiantly.

The boy stood up, dusting off his hoodie. "Myra, this isn't your house." He blurted. Myra looked taken aback.

"Last time I checked, this was my house." She huffed, rolling her eyes. "Did you hit your head or something?"

But Enzo shook his head. "Just look," he urged. Truth be told, Myra was considering Enzo's astronomically weird idea. After what happened with the Amiibo earlier. But was that explanation enough?