Chapter 10

About forty five minutes later we pull up to a lake. It's starting to get darker and Louis pushes me out of the vehicle.

"Alright this is where we leave you!" He shouts out the window while Harry drives away.

"Niall this is NOT funny, you know I'm afraid of the dark!"

Soft footsteps creep behind me.

"Yeah, and thunder, and of being home alone, and-"

"Hush up Niall,"

"Hey, it's your seventeenth birthday, think I forgot?" He says as he picks me up bridal style.

"Yeah."

"We'll I didnt. So I'm going to take you to the gazebo."

He carries me to a beautiful wedding gazebo, with vines and ivy growing on the side. It's lit with candles and a guitar sits in the middle.

"Niall," I say as he sets me down.

"Yes?"

"I hope you realize I don't fit into your life."

"What?"

"This will never work out," I whisper.

"I'll make it work out, I swore that I would fix you, that's what I'm doing. Don't go now!"

"Niall I don't fit here! Yeah my mom had some recognition with Gordon, but I'm just not like you! I like quiet, reserved places with books and headphones! We are so different!"

"That's what make us so us!"

"I just can't Niall!"

"Fine! But if you leave don't bother coming to my funeral!"

"What?"

"Screw you Leanna," he says and turns around. It feels like a split second before he reaches over and destroys his guitar.

He just broke his guitar. Into a million tiny pieces. All over the gazebo.

He then proceeded to drag every last piece onto a small pile of wood, which things for s'mores were sitting near, and burn the guitar. All while I was watching.

He looked at me and I swear his eyes were black.

He walks back to the gazebo and takes the picnic basket and everything else an burns it. All of it.

I look at his distraught figure one last time and run.

I run and run and run until I pass out on a bench in the park.