Chapter One- Taunt

I finished up the paperwork I had to after settling the case. It was a minor case, just dealing with a young adolescent running away from home. We found him, and brought him home, well, it was more of just me that found him, since I was the only one that looked, but I let the others take credit for it. Right as I was about to get up to clock out, a broadcast from Interpol appeared on the television in the room. There was a man sitting there, going by the name, Lind L. Tailor. He looks Japanese, but his name sounds American. Oh well. I have heard of the situation with all the criminals dying from heart attacks. I also heard that L is making a direct confrontation with the man supposedly killing them, Kira. I saw the chief and Matsuda talking together in front of me.
"But chief I dont get it. He's never shown his face before, why now?"
I wanted to answer, but that would be disrespectful to butt into their conversation.
"It must mean L's serious about this."
Somethings off. As the man spoke, my thoughts wandered, attempting to decipher what is off with the man. One sentence stood out.
"What you are doing is evil."
"Thats it!" I yelled. The chief and Matsuda looked behind, at me.
"What?" Matsuda asked. He looks confused. The chief didn't speak.
"That man is trying to provoke Kira. From what I have heard it sounds like this Kira thinks what he is doing is right, and that he is justice. Saying he is evil will provoke him into acting on anger, pride, or ego. Its a good way to draw him out."
"Wow! Thats a great observation...I'm sorry, I dont know your name." Matsuda beamed.
"Many people dont."
We turned our attention back to the television. The man stopped speaking. Then in a flash, he began clutching at his heart, then fell onto the table. As they carried him away, a large L appeared on the screen. Another voice began speaking. Somethings off with this one, I know he is changing his voice, but something still feels off.
"Now, try to kill me!"
Thats what. The whole time, L was taunting Kira. L knows that no one knows his real name, and he is using that to his advantage, using it to gain information on how Kira is able to kill, making Kira realize, that he has a formidable opponent.