Chapter 1

I woke up to a complete silence. This is not what I was expecting at all. There's usually yelling and crying this early. I wake up fully and head to the bathroom taking a shower and brushing my hair and teeth afterwards. I wore (whatever clothes you want to wear.... Something comfortable maybe) leaving my (h/c) hair down. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled pulling on my (whatever shoe). I walked around the house a little worried, but then someone touched my arm and I jumped up and turned. It was just my mom.
"Y/N! Get your stuff now we're leaving!" She said holding my 6 year old sister in her arms.
"Mom?! What's going on." I said staying calm walking to my room packing some of my things into a bag.
"I killed Peter.... He went after Emily trying to bite her!" She said scared closing my bedroom door behind her
"That's crazy!" I said turning to her
"No! Pack your stuff now! We have to leave! It's on the news, a disease or whatever... Broke out... Now people that die or are dead come back to life and want to eat you!!" She said quickly. I looked at her unsure and then nodded.
"Fine I will bring only the things we need... Go pack food... Emily go pack your stuff! And don't bring anything you don't need" I said stuffing some bandages and medical supplies in my bag. Also packing knives and a handgun in my bag. I packed a change of clothes for me and my mom, a pair of shoes for both of us, and 6 water bottles... I know mom would pack some but it's just in case. I went into my... Well step dads room and grabbed his (leave and item you want in the comments and the one that's mostly there will be the weapon) I then put it in a sheaf on me for my main weapon. I then walked into the kitchen to find my mom packing non perishable foods and water.
"Emily!! Come on hurry!" I said running up the steps and into her room
"I can't decided whether to bring mr.perrywinkle with me or Mrs.fluffy..." She said holding up both I knelt down beside her and looked at her book bag. I picked things up and hurriedly put things in her bag like: the necklace my dad gave her that was in a box, a first aid kit, I put a walky talky in her bag and I took one for myself, another pair of shoes for her and another pair of clothes. I picked up a couple of pictures of our family and put them in a small box putting it in my bag.
"Which one do you want to come with you?" I asked quietly. She hugged mr.perrywinkle smiling, I sighed and strapped a sleeping bag on her book back, I did the same to mine. Running down stairs with our bags mom was trying to stuff photo albums into her bag and I sighed taking some pictures out and putting them in a ziplock bag for her, and she placed them gently in her bag. I handed my sister a pocket knife
"Listen... You don't pull it out unless you really need it! Okay!" I said sternly handing my mom one too. We ran out of the house and onto the streets
"Mom... Where are we suppose to go?" I asked looking around
"The news said to go to Atlanta! Let's move!" She said quickly before someone said
"Don't go to Atlanta you guys will be eaten! Why don't you come with us?" I looked and saw Lori... She isn't my friend but she's nice to me and I know her.... If that counts.
"Really?! Lori! You would let us come with you?" I  asked her running to her car hugging her
"Of course! Plus... I really want Carl to have some friends..." She said whispering the last part. I nodded and we all pilled into her car. Before my mom could get in a walker grabbed her leg and started biting her. I screamed and so did Emily
"Mom! No!" I said through sobs I held Emily close and pulled out a gun shooting the walker
"Y/n you have to shoot me! Please... I love you both, take care of your sister... Remember I will always be with you..." She stroked my cheek before she closed her eyes forever. I pointed the gun at her head and shot her, as her body fell out of the car Lori drove off quickly. We picked up Shane who I barely knew but I saw him get a little to close to Lori. A single tear rolled down my cheek as I remembered my mother... My sister was finally asleep she wouldn't stop crying. Everything was abandoned! But we saw an RV moving and it stopped on the side of the road.
"Stay here I'm going to look for survivors" he said getting out and heading to the RV. A man walked out and smiled at Shane but Shane started yelling at him. This is going no where I thought to myself. As I got out more people started pilling out of the RV. Shane noticed me get out
"Y/n get back in the car..." He said pointing to the car
"This isn't going anywhere... All your doing is yelling" I said crossing my arms. He stepped back and I looked at everyone
"It's safe guys!" I said turning towards the car and gesturing everyone to come over. We were introduced to everyone Merle, Andrea and Amy, Dale, Jacqui, Carol, Ed, Sophia, Glenn, and Daryl.
"It's nice to meet all of you Im Y/n..." I said smiling and waving slightly
"Y/N we are gonna be on the road for a while and wanted to know if you and your sister would like to come with us" dale said with a smile. I nodded
"We would love to! Thank you!" I said taking all of the things out of Loris car and putting it in the RV as everyone got in. I sat down on one of the benches with the table infront holding my sister. Andrea and Amy decided to go with Lori. Wow... Daryl... Is. Hot! I never really looked at him when I saw him at first, but here he was sitting across from me. He was quiet but his brother made awkward conversation... Daryl would look at me and smile slightly but look the other way quickly, I didn't even do anything yet. Emily went to play with Sophia and I was on the bench alone. Soon enough Merle pushed Daryl off the bench and Daryl sat next to me.
"Aw how cute... You know if you weren't such a pussy you would be like me and Andrea." Merle said proud of himself
"I ain't no pussy..." Daryl said before I fell asleep. I woke up when the RV stopped and my head was on something soft. I fluttered my eyes open to see that My head was on Daryls lap. I blushed red and sat up quickly, and everyone got out of the RV, and started setting up our new camp.