The Battle of Ice (Sequel to Shocked)

By: badwolf98

Sequel to Shocked,

The Battle Of Ice

For one thing, Aileanna didn't think it would be this hard. I mean, fight a thousand year old frost monster? Isn't that what normal kids did?
Maybe then I would be prepared. She thought as she studied the fence, looming 10 feet high. Her fighting partner, Jonah, stood awkwardly behind her.
"You're aren't gonna-" She ignored him and swung her leg up, beginning to climb the chain link fence whilst Jonah stood there, pondering whether to go up or not.
"Jonah, this is your last chance. If I don't get up there, the world will most likely end. I'm not waiting for you at the top." She gritted her teeth, trying not to loose her grip from the thin, frozen wires on the fence.
"Fine," He grumbled, using his muscular arms to pull him up.
"Oh, Don't be a baby, Sparky." Aileanna said with an amused look on her face. Her raven hair that had been meticulously braided into a fishtail, was now rapidly coming undone, flyaways and escaped strands clinging to her face. Streaks of mud were plastered onto her cheek, from when she had tripped in on the wet ground, much to her embarrassment and Jonah's amusement.
"Not. One Word." She had warned, brushing as as much dirt off of her face and pants as possible, while Jonah grinned widely. But even so, Jonah still thought she looked good. She peered down from the top railing, and noticed him staring. She blushed slightly, but her electric blue eyes sparkled with humor. Once Jonah reached the top, his muscles were screaming at him. He wanted to stop, but he was afraid he would cramp. Jonah crawled along the top of the fence, and looked straight ahead to see Aileanna walking barefoot across the wire. He wanted to yell at her, but that would distract and make her fall. She bounded across gracefully, grinning at him from the other side. She tapped something in Morse code to him.
Isn't lightning power great?
He had to admit, he was kind of jealous. She got super wicked lighting powers and he... well, sometimes he could make a spark of fire come out of his fingers, hence the nickname, Sparky.
I can't get across,
He tapped back. Jonah looked around, searching for a way across.
That's when he heard Aileanna's scream.
In a single heartbeat, he was falling.
It happened too quick for him to feel weightlessness.
He kicked and flailed, but he wasn't hurt. He realized quickly that he needed to rocket himself higher, then he could possibly reach the opposite platform, where Aileanna stood, pale as a sheet.. Hmm...
Jonah outstretched his hand, clenching it into a fist. It seemed the tighter he gripped, the farther he shot up. He tried to get across, but he didn't exactly know how to steer. He careened back and forth, in a strange pattern trying to get to her. After watching for a little longer, Aileanna brushed off her shock, realizing she still needed to get to the switch that was their purpose here. Jonah, after wavering about a bit longer, finally landed on the platform, still in shock, and bolted to catch up with Aileanna.
"Anna!" He called, panting. He felt as if he had just run a triathalon with an elephant tied to his back.
But Aileanna stood with her back facing him.
"Anna?" Jonah questioned, now worried. He walked closer, and Aileanna turned. There was only a single tear on her face, but it made Jonah nervous, and scared, and guilty. He had never seen Anna cry before.
"I... I thought you were going to die," She whispered in explanation. "When you fell off of that platform- The thought of loosing you like Aiden just hurt too much."
Jonah cringed at the mention of one of their old friends, Aiden. He had been with them just a month ago, at their last adventure and run-in with the villain Thomas. But he had been off with others on a quest, and he didn't return.
"I won't go down willingly." He tried to smile reassuringly.
"I've known you since you joined us 5 years ago. But five years doesn't matter when everything can change in the blink of an eye." He could hear her pain as she spoke.
"Anna, don't you dare tell me those memories don't mean anything." Jonah pointed out. She turned to him with puffy eyes. "Just go."
"Ok," He agreed quietly, racing to the switch. But there was a deafening groan and eardrum shattering screech as an 8 foot ice monster collided with the steel platform in front of him. He jumped back in surprise, while the creature got up. It was barely humanoid, and it's head looked like a misshapen watermelon, in Tiffany Blue, complete with ice spikes. The creature growned, moaned, and growled, charging wildly at Jonas, who stumbled messily out of the way. But Aileanna was quick and shot out her hand just as it was about to stomp in the place where Jonah was standing a few seconds earlier.
A burst of lightning struck him with a loud sizzle.
The thing shrieked, stopping as a crater as large as a dinner plate appeared on his back. It seemed to freeze back over though, but luckily not immediately. Jonah got closer while she distracted the giant.
He tucked and rolled under him, spewing fire the whole time.
Steam billowed off of the giant, and droplets of condensation dripped onto his face. There was now another hole in the giant, but it seemed to freeze over faster. He launched torpedoes of white hot flame into the creature, and it howled in rage. Aileanna through her thunderbolt javelin style towards the giant.
Jonah took it as his que to launch flames too.
Mr. Everest, as Jonah deemed him, shrunk untill he was about 6 ft. tall.
"We can work with this!" He yelled over the noise to Aileanna, who nodded, smirking.
Jonah hurled a large lump of fire at him, and Aileanna retracted her lightning bolt so it appeared the size of a dagger.
She was going close range.
When she got up to the monster, she jumped on a ledge and climbed until she was directly above Mr. Everest.
Then she dropped down.
Her hair had now pretty much completely fallen out of it's braid, and was hanging mid-back.
She landed with a crunch onto it's shoulders.
Steam hissed out like he was a machine and he shattered into millions of pieces, throwing Aileanna to the ground, unconscious.
He stopped, breathless, and tried to avoid the shower of glass-like pieces of ice.
It would've been beautiful, if everything hadn't have gone so wrong. The late evening light shone through the pieces of ice, and it looked as if moonbeams were dancing about.
Jonah raced to the switch, faster then ever, his heart pounding and his lungs aching. He couldn't spare one second. He quickly hit the switch and ran back, and kneeled by her side.
"Aileanna, please wake up." He pleaded, fumbling for her arm to check her pulse. Her heart was beating faintly.
"Anna, remember what you told me? After I tripped? Aileanna... don't leave me," His voice was quickening, and he was panicking. Jonah brushed her hair from her closed eyes.
"I love you." He whispered, one of his tears hitting the steel below him. Her eyes fluttered open, and she inhaled deeply. Jonah sighed a sigh of relief as she sat up slowly, wincing.
"I won't go down willingly, Sparky." Aileanna smiled, quoting him from earlier. She hugged him, and he realized how scared he had been at the thought of her dying. "Because-" Aileanna stopped, as if her words were stuck in her throat. "I love you too."
~An Epilogue of Sorts~
When Jonah signaled for help, everyone was immensely worried,even Aileanna's annoying roomate who always bragged about her ice powers. But especially Jonah. Aileanna was fine, she had a concussion, and a minor problem with her rib, but she was okay. Her and Jonah got together not long after, and went on many more adventures. They eventually stopped Thomas, and became legitamate superheroes, all before even graduating from the academy.
And well, they lived
Happily Ever After