The Beginning of an End

"Hey Ava, let's go to the library" I spoke just finishing my last frenchfry. She looked up at me about to decline my offer, but suddenly remembered her friend Lily was inside finishing her biology homework.

"Okay! She responded and grabbed her navy blue backpack with brown pleather on the bottom. We both got up and started making our way to the library, only to have Ava continuously step on my used to be clean, white converse multiple times.

We opened the media center door, deciding to make a quick stop at the local "hands free" water fountain. We debated also stopping by the bathroom but went against the idea remembering the emo-goth girl inside.

As we finally opened the second library door, we encountered a wild dilemma; having to take out our library cards. Me and Ava both gave each other an intense look. I choked on my words as I tried to speak to the librarian, informing her we didn't know of such a thing existing.

After a few moments of noticing our awkwardness, the librarian spoke up,

"Chanel, Ava, you guys do know that if you want to use a computer, you don't need a card, but here, I can give you guys one now for next time."

To our relief, we gladly accepted the cards and made our way to the computers to find Lily practically done with her work. Ava took out her red pleather wallet and began putting the card inside. Surprised, I noticed an envelope object sticking out.

"What's that for?" I asked curious.

"Oh.." Ava spoke, chuckling awkwardly. "It's just the money I need to pay back my parents."

Wow..I gazed in my head. Actual money..

"How much do you have in there?" I asked when all of a sudden I turn to see Adrianna and Sabrina approaching us.

"$200," Ava spoke motioning them to come sit with us.

"Do you mind if I touch it?"

"Um, no. Go ahead I guess?" Ava replied, obviously being used to all that money she had, not realizing it's true worth.

I began caressing the soft money in my hands. The crisp bills brushed against my finger tips creating a soft and gentle tingle. 

It felt good.

Really good.

The touch gave me a rush I never wanted to end. If I could only feel this sort of pleasure forever; but all dreams must eventually come to a end, just as all carbons in the Krebs Cycle must eventually be broken down in order oxidize carbon dioxide.

I took in one last huff of the scent before handing the cash money back to Ava. She so casually took it in her hands before crushing it back in the envelope, not even caring about how it must have felt. The $200 cried to me as it began getting shoved in every corner, every inch of the envelope so mercilessly. I tried to look away from the sick abuse however, the acts were just simply too much for me; I wanted to save that money and all the other money out there in need. That was when I made my vow.

"Guys.." I spoke, coming back to reality. "I think I want a job."