2

"hey babe," Riker whispers, getting in bed next to Savannah.

"I don't wanna talk to you right now Riker," she grumbles.

He wraps his arms around Savannah, resting his hands on her large belly "Look I'm real sorry babe. I'll finish Anthony's room by myself tomorrow,"

"It's already done. I called Rydel and her and Ellington came over. We finished it hours ago," Savannah says.

Riker places his head on her shoulder, whispering "what can I do to make it up to you?"

Vanni sighs "Be there for him,"

He nods "I will be baby. I promise,"

Savannah's shoulders relax and she snuggles closer to Riker. He winces quietly but she notices "Babe? What's wrong?"

Riker shakes his head "Nothing Vanni," Savannah sits up and faces him.

"Take your shirt off," she says.

"No Savannah, I'm fine," Riker insists.

Savannah cups his face "Baby, please. You can't hide it from me. I know something is hurting you,"

Riker sighs, pulling his burgundy T-shirt off over his head. Vanni gasps when she sees the bruised flesh over Riker's ribs "Riker what happened?"

She runs her fingers over the deep purple bruise, causing Riker to wince again "I got jumped,"

Savannah looks at her husband's face, noticing a split lip and a few cuts above his right eyebrow "Oh baby,"

She pulls his head forward, pressing a soft kiss on his forehead "I'm sorry.." Riker whispers.

"Why are you sorry Riker? It's not your fault you got jumped," Vanni questions, sliding off the bed and walking to the master bathroom.

Riker props himself up against the headboard "I was at the bar again.. I kissed another woman.."

Savannah searches through the cupboard, calling over her shoulder "Not this again Riker. We barely stayed together when you did this the last time,"

"I know..." Riker mumbles.

Savannah walks back into the bedroom, carrying a roll of medical tape "Riker, I know it was hard for you when your mom died. It was hard on all of us. Stormie was like a second mother to me," She motions for Riker to sit up.

She begins unraveling the tape around Riker's ribs. Riker stares into her eyes "I'm so sorry baby. I promise you I'll be here for you and Anthony no matter what,"

Savannah sits back "It's okay Riker. I know what you're going through is tough,"

Riker leans forward and hugs Savannah "i love you so much," he whispers.

She smiles "I love you more,"

Riker lifts her chin "I love you most,"

He presses his lips to hers. Vanni breaks the kiss and sits back, holding her stomach.

"Babe? It's not time yet is it?" Riker asks, panicking.

She laughs at his frightened expression "No, he kicked,"

Riker sighs "Well mister, better get use to it. Your mommy is beautiful and deserves to be kissed," he points at Savannah's belly.

Savannah rolls up her shirt, Riker holds her belly gently. He bends forward and kisses her bellybutton "You too.. I love you both,"

Riker smiles "Shower?"

Vanni nods "Sure. A little help?" She starts to tug her shirt off.

Riker laughs as he pulls her shirt off over her head. He grabs Savannah's hand and leads her to the bathroom.

Vanni drops her sweatpants as Riker starts the shower. He quickly strips himself of his jeans just as the room starts to fill with steam.

"Riker, I cant reach," Savannah whines, trying hard to un-clip her bra.

Riker flops two towels over the bar, then moves behind his wife. He un-clips the black lace bra.

Vanni tosses it over her shoulder, quickly pulling her messy hair into a bun. Riker slides out of his boxers and turns to Savannah "Ladies first,"

She giggles, wiggling out of her underwear before taking Riker's hand. He helps her step over the little lip up into the shower. Riker slides the door shut behind him after stepping in himself.

"Oh Riker!" Savannah says "The wrap! It'll get wet!"

Riker shrugs, tearing the white tape off his ribs.

~.~.~

"Daddy's gonna buy you a mocking bird. And if that mocking bird don't sing, daddy's gonna buy a diamond ring" Riker sings quietly as he cuddles with Savannah.

A quiet snore sounds from Savannah, Riker nudges her "baby.." She doesn't move "babyyyyy," Riker pokes her cheek.

"what is it Riker.." she mumbles sleepily.

"Let's go to bed babe," Riker scoops up his tired wife bridal style. He makes his way into their bedroom and lays her gently on the plush bed.

Riker crawls in next to her, Vanni curls into his body "Goodnight baby girl, I love you,"