§Only Human§

Elizabeth's P.OV.

I woke the morning after, lying in my bed. I let my emotions wash over me, I usually acted so heartless. Despite what many thought I still had human emotions. I began to think of Alexandria and Karina, why my mind went to them I'm not sure. I let my self drift into a reverie of my past. Alexandria had been 16 when I turned her and Karina as well. I remember the day that I turned Alexandria well.

It was around early October I'd say, she had been reading in her room. Books had always seemed to be a source of comfort to her. Early on she was my favorite of the two sisters. I came up to her, she had been wearing long sleeves a lot and I didn't know why, I assumed because of the cold, but I had been wrong. There were cuts and scars lining her arms. I touched one of them she jerked her arm away and glared slightly looking up. "Please I would appreciate it if you left me alone. I had to explain to my mother about them and I'm really not in the mood to explain it to you too." I sat down beside her."Well what if I told you I could make all of that suffering go away?" I asked her tilting my head. She looked at me strangely. "How?"I smirked "Don't ask. Do you want my help or not?" She was desperate I could tell. She slightly reminded me of myself, I didn't like that really. She nodded "Yes." I smirked "I knew you'd see reason." I took my chain mail glove and cut the top of my chest, "Drink." She looked disturbed slightly but did as she was told and then passed out. Sally then walked in. "No, Elizabeth don't tell me-" she looked down at Alexandria. I could tell she was tearing up. "She was supposed to live a normal life, not be like the rest of the people in this hotel. You ruined her chances of that." Her voice was shaking, I smirked in response. "Oh Sally, she cut did you not know, I simply just rescued her and you have another daughter, worry about her before she does the same thing or I will have to intervene."

I snapped out of it getting up. I suppressed the kindness and compassion for a reason.

Alexandria's P.O.V.

I woke up later than intended, during the day I worked at the bar and just kind of hung around but mostly bartended. I stood up stretching my back and went into my bathroom, there were dark circles under my eyes and I felt drained literally because of what had happened last night. I sighed starting on my makeup which consisted of: foundation, concealer, semi-neutral smoky eye, cat-eye eyeliner, filling in my brows and I did a different lip look everyday. Today I went with a nude lip. I got done in a surprisingly fast amount of time. I went into my closet grabbing a galaxy print blazer, tight fitting black shirt with cutouts on the back and sides and then a short black skirt. I put it on throwing on a pair of heeled ankle boots I walked into the elevator trying to focus.

Once down in the lobby I found Karina, she worked with Iris during the day. Iris in my opion was a total bitch, my mom kind of rubbed off on me. "You ok... you know after last night?" She nodded smiling slightly. She dressed more like Aunt while I dressed more like my mom. She was wearing a black dress long sleeved but it had a plunging neckline, that connected in a halter top and it was high-low paired with heels of a dark violet shade. "Thanks, A for checking on me, it hurts but I'm living. I'm ok. What about you?" She asked her voice laced with concern. I sighed, "Getting there, I guess I'm drained literally and figuratively." I let out a small laugh "I'll be fine." I walked away trying to avoid any further questions.

I walked behind the bar Liz was already there, he/she smiled "Hey Alex, you look like you need a cocktail, and you know the kind I'm talking about." I smiled "Yeah, that would be nice, thanks." He was making it and I saw Tristan come in looking quite angry, I didn't bother him. I took a long drink of the blood cocktail letting it run through me then I stood. "That was exactly what I needed." I stood and began my day seeing the detective John Lowe made me quite uneasy.