Hazel 11

Disclaimer: all rights to Rick. sorry for the cliffhanger, but here we go again:) if you read please comment.

XI

Hazel

She didn't think that she had heard Annabeth right.

Percy is dead? She thought. That's impossible! Nico said himself that if anyone could make it out alive, it was Percy. But now, he’s gone.

Hazel was suddenly filled with rage. Rage at Hera/ Juno for bring them on the stupid quest. And ever growing rage at Gaea. It was all the Earth goddesses’ fault. She was the reason that Percy was dead.

She cried into Frank's shoulder as Nico asked Annabeth questions and told her the prophecy, though Hazel doubted that Annabeth heard any of it. When he was done, he swiped his hand through the mist and Annabeth was gone. Shock settled over the room like a blanket. No one spoke as a million thoughts raced across everyone’s minds and depression settled in their hearts. Then, like a light switch, everyone’s depression suddenly turned to rage. The air became literally charged as sparks started flying off of Jason.

The area next to Hazel got warm and when she turned toward it, she saw Leo starting to burst into flame. The area around Nico became darker and filled with more dark energy than Tartarus.

You are SO dead Gaea, she thought. Just wait until we get to you, we will each take turns stabbing you in the heart until you die for good. Unless Annabeth gets to you first, then I would be really scared. You have taken too much from me, and now it’s my turn to ruin YOUR life.

Isn’t that cute demigod, Gaea purred in her mind, you think you can defeat me? The strongest of you is gone and need I remind you that his blood is on YOUR hands? You’re the one who helped me rise Hazel; all that I do is your fault.

“Shut up Gaea,” she mumbled. The voice receded, but deep inside a part of Hazel knew that Gaea was telling the truth. It was her fault. If it hadn’t been for her, Percy and a bunch of other people would still be alive. She and her friends wouldn’t be sailing to their death in Greece, and Annabeth and Percy wouldn’t have fallen into Tartarus in the first place. It. Was. All. Her. Fault.

“We should get ready to fight.” Nico said, though it barely came out in a whisper. “They will be here at any minute.”

As soon as Nico said that, there were three loud thumps on deck. The battle was about to begin.

"Okay," Coach Hedge said. “It’s time to go and blow some more stuff up."

For once, everyone agreed with him.