Revelation

Pitter patters… Rain is pouring down the trees of Faerie forest. The sounds heard along with it were only that of the crickets and the silent squish of water along the wood banks. The sky is pitch-black and twinkling around the woods are the glimmering lights of the fireflies, some stuck on the tree trunks. A part of the forest's darkness was lit by a glowing fire, along with the two knights of the Graden empire.

                “Are you still cold? Your cape was caught up in the battle right?”, Cerus asked Kyori. “No, I’m fine. The fire warms me. It’s enough.” Kyori answered.

                They lodged in an old hunter’s base. Their camp site, a worn-out house and the front door terrace was crashed open. The two of them are soaking wet, they were caught in the heavy rain after their battle in Faerie Isle.

                *Sneeze* “hmph, *cough* ..cold..” kyori muttered. Cerus stood up and chanting a spell, he created a thick wide blanket.

                “Here, let’s take off some of our clothes and share this blanket.. it should be much warmer this way.. Besides, sharing body temperatures will benefit both of us and heat us up quickly.” Cerus said, his face flustered.

                “Y..yeah, okay then.” Kyori replied. They turned their backs on each other and began removing some of their armor. They hang their clothes to dry on some broken chairs. After then, they faced each other and their gazes met. Both now are staring in each other’s eyes alight with crimson fire. Cerus looked away and sat down first, placing the blanket to cover them. Kyori felt embarrassed and followed, leaning closer beside Cerus. Their shoulders touched. The temperature rises. Silence began to overwhelm them. Cerus can feel his heartbeat go slightly faster. He manages to start a conversation, breaking the ice.

                “Uhm, hey... Did you see the look on Pierro’s face after he fought off the slime goblins? Heh, that last slime goblin spit some of its green blood on his face, hilarious! He was so disgusted!”

                Kyori laughed, remembering that scene in faerie land. Cerus stared at her, his heartbeat getting faster and faster.

                (Damn.. she’s just too nerve-breaking.. if only she knew, if only she would realize..) Cerus’ thoughts whilst continuing to stare at her.

                “That was too embarrassing for a guy like Pierro. He’s too full of himself” Kyori smiled. Cerus’ favorite.

                “And you’re too cute...” Cerus muttered. “Huh? What did you say?” Kyori wondered. The pouring rain deafened the remark.

                “N..nothing, I said I agree with you.” He nodded, staring down on the bonfire to hide his coy face. He went back to his thoughts. Silence. Again.

                (What if... I tell her now... Dammit, if not for her slow and dense mind. All the advances I did to her. All were for nothing. It’s useless. But I have been holding back for a long time now. Okay... I guess I should give this a try.) Cerus’ thoughts of determination. He turned to face Kyori. Her eyes closed. His hand reached out to touch her cheeks. She got startled. Her pupils dilating after she felt the sudden trace of his fingers.

                “Hm? What is it Cerus? This is… weird.” She feels a bit uneasy. Cerus grasped her cheeks with both his hands, pulling her face close to his.

                “Kyori... I... have been holding this thing back... my feelings... I can’t, I could no longer fight it. This is way beyond my control, and I am so desperate right now to do this. Why did you have to be so dense?” Cerus bursted.