Chapter 2

7 Months Ago; October

Ashley's POV

"I swear to God if those dogs talk to me again..." Kath said, talking while her mouth was full.

"Dogs..?" I said absentmindedly, because I wasn't paying much attention. The music room would be a better place to have lunch at instead of this rotten cafeteria.

"I meant those jocks." she gritted her teeth, "THEY'RE PERVERTS!"

"I already told you if you hated this place so much why don't we just eat in the music room? It's alot more... decent there." I suggested, but she wasn't really agreeing.

"Ash, I can't eat there. I can't even sing or play anything at all! You only wanna go there because you're just sooo inlove with music."

She's right at that part. I did wanna go sing, aside from I hated eating in the cafeteria, but she had a reason to eat lunch there.

"Oh, you think by eating here Andrew would notice you?" I fought back at her. Andrew's this guy Kath likes so much that she wants his attention so desperately.

She gave me dirty looks, then stood up, meaning she agreed to go eat lunch at the music room. Kath, my best friend, gives in alot if I get her cornered, just like what I did. We don't have alot in common, but we can stand each other so well, so we stuck together since 3rd grade.

And of course there's always a dog wherever we go. This time, they're no jocks.

"We left the caf because of those stinky dogs, and we find another breed of dogs here?" Kath scowled.

They were the three guys who the school referred to as the "bad boys", the seniors with the tattoes or the black clothes and heavy metal music taste and all that. They were playing a familiar song.

The one singing is Brendon. Brendon Urie, the most intimidating one of the three. The one playing guitar is Pete Wentz. He's well known for being the first one to get drunk at parties.

And the one on the drums is Joshua Dun. He's the one that annoys me the most, but it's pretty much just because he's lived right next to my house since forever but completely ignored me, or he always starts playing the drums past midnight right when I'm in the middle of a good sleep, or he kept throwing rocks at my window and ran away to throw rocks at a different house.

I pulled Kath out of the music room, until Pete called us both.

"Hey, juniors!" he shouted, and they all stopped playing.

The three of them were whispering to each other, and we just stood there.

"Um, I don't like wasting time!" Kath snapped at them. Brendon looked at her with disgust, and Josh just laughed, so Pete spoke up again.

"We just wanted-"

"You," Brendon corrected him

"I just wanted to invite you both to the party later. Starts at 6, this guy's house." Pete pointed at Josh, "And tell your friends to come too."

"That's if you kids have friends at all," Josh added. Kath growled.

"Right. Thanks for the invitation but no thanks." I said, dragging us out of the room. Once we got out, I heard Brendon shout.

"See you two shitheads later!"

We were back at the cafeteria, and there were only a few people left. Kath was smiling.

"Don't tell me you actually want to go to that stupid party." I said, and she raised her eyebrows.

"Hey, hey, what if Andrew's there? I wouldn't wanna miss my chance. Please, let's go there Ashley! It's right beside your house! Please tell me you'll think about it."

"No thanks, go there by yourself. A party with those three isn't a party I'd go to."

The bell rang, so I went up to my locker. There was a note. It said "If you won't be there, I'll be the one to go to you. Just for once, have some fun, Ashley :). -Josh"

At least, finally, after 16 years, Josh "talked" to me.