Chapter 6

It was half past 9 that Sunday morning when Camellia was lazing around in the living room, watching TV. Angelina yawned, walking down the stairs, in her nightgown. Silver followed behind her. "Your breakfast is in the microwave!" Camellia called out to her. "Thanks!" Angelina called back, walking to the kitchen. In the microwave, she pulled out a plate of pancakes. "Cam, did you make this yourself?" She asked. "Yea... luckily I didn't burn down the kitchen!" Camellia called back. Angelina took two pieces of pancakes.

She searched for the syrup when she overheard the news. "A woman was found dead near Central Park this morning. The reports have said that she was likely killed in the early morning. In the later part of the morning, a passer-by found her on the floor, looking dry with bruises on her neck. She was likely strangled. Strangely, there two bite marks on the side of her neck..."

Angelina heard Gérard yawning. She turned around and blushed a little. His hair was short, ruffled and platinum blonde. His eyes were pale blue and his ears were rounder. And to add on, he had high cheekbones. They made eye contact as he leaned on the doorway. "Like what you see?" He teased. Angelina threw the dish washing cloth at his face.

"Shut up." She muttered, turning back to the counter. She set her plate of pancakes and the plate from the microwave on the round dining table, without looking at him. Gérard sat down. Silver jumped onto the table, glaring at him. He winced in fear. Angelina started her search for the syrup again.

"Mew..." Gino called from the floor. Gérard looked down and smiled. "You're so small, I could just eat you whole!" He picked Gino up. Compared to Angelina who had to use both of her hands to carry Gino comfortably, Gérard scooped the tabby up with one hand. Silver hissed at him. Angelina stroked his head to calm him. She placed the syrup bottle on the table and sat down.

"What's the other girl watching?" He asked, staring at the pancakes. "And what's this?" He pointed at it. Angelina deeply sighed. Silver stared at Gérard, feeling offended. Gino squirmed out of Gérard's hand and tumbled onto the table. Silver watched Gino falling over and over again as he progressed to the older feline.

"Camellia is watching the news. And if you didn't know, the news keeps us civilians updated of what's happening. And this, these are pancakes." Angelina explained. The TV was switched off and Camellia walked into the kitchen. When she saw the cats, she panicked. "Shit!" Camellia quickly stepped out, but her allergies got the best of her.

"What a storm." Gérard commented, taking Angelina's plate. Silver clawed at his hand. Gérard let got of the plate and recoiled. Angelina reached behind to a drawer and took out another set for him. She noticed that he was still wearing the same clothes as the previous day. "You can't be wearing that all the time." She pointed at his clothing.

Gérard ignored her and took the syrup bottle. "What's wrong with it?" He asked, pouring the syrup, at a massive amount. Angelina grabbed his wrist, preventing him from wasting anymore syrup. She snatched the bottle out of his hands as Gérard watched her keep it in the cupboard. When she came back, he looked at her as though she was supposed to do something. "What is it this time?" She asked.

"Nothing." He brushed it off. Angelina started eating. He watched her, and then copied her eating style. After breakfast, Camellia was cleaning the dishes while Angelina was with Gérard, in Dietrich's room. Silver and Gino watched them from the bed as Angelina searched for old clothes Dietrich couldn't wear anymore.

"Is this is all he has?" Gérard complained, gesturing to the plain white collared shirt and matching blue jeans. "Shut up. We're going to get you new clothes later." Angelina retorted. "As for now, changed into these." Angelina arranged back Dietrich's clothes in his drawer. She stood up and gave the clothes to Gérard. "Take a shower." She said, leaving the room. "And please," She stopped at the doorway and turned to him. "Don't take forever to shower." Angelina added and left. Silver and Gino followed her.

・・・

When the three arrived at the shopping mall, the first thing Gérard did was to almost puke. Angelina and Camellia dragged him to The Body Shop, which was opposite of the parfait cafe. "Who's that?" Gérard asked, pointing at someone in the cafe. The girls turned and saw a beaming and waving white haired girl. "Shit... It's Wolfy!" Camellia hissed. Magnolia gestured them to come over. Even though Angelina declined, the latter insisted. The three headed over.

Magnolia was sitting at a five seater table, with one of her brothers. It was Levi, as seen from his streaks of white hair behind his ears. "It's you two again." He mentioned to the other girls. He smiled, surprising Angelina from their first meeting. "Sit down, sit down. The treat is on me." Levi added. "What would you like to have?" He asked. "Strawberry for me, please." Angelina smiled. "Chocolate." Gérard nodded. "Apple cinnamon." Camellia mumbled. Levi smiled at their orders. He got up from their table and walked to the counter.

"Who's this?" Magnolia asked, the moment Levi was out of hearing range. "Um..." Angelina stalled. "Some weird guy who crashed into our backyard last night." Camellia spat. Magnolia let out a sniffle. "Blood." Magnolia muttered. "Wolf." Gérard mumbled. Angelina sensed a conflict between the two. "I'm Magnolia Wolfsbane." She smiled, holding out her hand to him.

"Gérard Octavian." He replied, shaking hands with her. "How's it like here?" She asked. "All good. Yourself?" Gérard asked. "Same." Then, Levi came back with a tray of their parfaits. "That's... fast..." Angelina commented. "Yes... But where's that camellia scented girl?" Levi asked her. Camellia scented...? Angelina turned to her left. Camellia was missing.

"She's probably at the W&J store wide sale now." Levi commented, finishing up his kiwi parfait. "Excuse me...?" Angelina was confused. "She wears that branded blouse. Even her jacket is of their brand. Must've been expensive to get it self-customized." Levi wiped his mouth with the serviette. "But don't worry, her parfait is packaged." Levi pointed to the sealed apple cinnamon parfait. Magnolia gave Angelina and Gérard their parfaits.

・・・

"Is this... too much?" Camellia muttered under her breath. The whole store was 30% off, with deals. There's no way she's missing something like that again. But the basket she was carrying, was full of shirts, jeans and one or two shirt dress that she would wear on occasions. "But the Cat Collection series is over..." She pouted. Someone tapped on her shoulder and she turned around.

Camellia didn't had time to take a full look at his face when he gave her a card. "Use this. It'll help you a lot, since your quite the regular..." His soft-spoken voice was heard, loud and clear to Camellia. "Thanks?" Camellia watched him walk away. Two-toned hair, top blonde, bottom orange. Tan jacket and dark colored jeans. Camellia could easily remember those.

As he walked, the other customers don't seem to notice him, except for two other blondes. Camellia barely had the time to see their faces when someone grabbed her arm. Camellia turned and saw Angelina. "Cam, why do you keep running off? You're not 3." The redhead demanded. Camellia shrugged and looked at the given card.

Williams & Jones Co.
Official Regular Member Card

Camellia flipped over. More than 5 pieces of clothing article, from the 6th free of charge. She dropped her basket. "Camellia?" Angelina asked. Camellia flashed her the card. The redhead gasped. "You. Are. So. Lucky." Angelina smiled. "Glad I am." Camellia gave a sheepish look. "Where's Gérard, by the way?" Camellia asked. "With Mag and her brother. They're helping to choose clothes for him." She answered. "But why are we getting clothes for him?" Camellia quizzed.

"So that he doesn't have to wear Uncle Dietrich's clothes. Or underwear." Angelina claimed. "Wait... So he's wearing one of Uncle Trich's undies?" Camellia raised her brow. "I'm afraid so." The redhead sadly answered. "Ew... imagine wearing some old man's underwear..." The brunette grossed out. "Don't make it sound gross." Angelina retorted. "That's because it is." Camellia mumbled.