1

She slowly trailed the hallways of the school. The suddenly abandoned school. She didn't know why it had been abandoned or if there was reason that the halls had been emptied so quickly, but she had to find out the mysterious stories of the classrooms at Wertherman's Highschool. She used the scuffed, aluminum lockers as a guide to the back office where she had been told the files of the children missing would be. Jacob Price, Anna Stewart, and Ben Jasper had all been friends, but they had all gone missing. It was the woman in the tall red heels and tight blazer's job to connect the children's disappearance to the abandonment of the school.

The woman tore through filing cabinet after filing cabinet searching for three Manila folders filled with the children's schedules, ID numbers, and highschool credit numbers. After going through nearly every cabinet, the woman finally found all of the children's files. Now all she had to do was enter the ID codes into the system and every detail about the children would be found. This would be more like than school related things it would include anything that the students had ever revealed that that was out of the ordinary. Every idiosyncrasy imaginable. The problem was that the computers had been down ever since the day that had everyone left. The woman glared at the dark screen of the computer knowing that she would now have to explore the children's classrooms herself. She picked up a red pen, copied down the kid's schedules and locker combinations on to a sticky note, and left the stuffy office.

The closest locker to the office was Ben's. The stern woman began to open the painted metal chamber using the code 12-32-06. Inside lay a single notebook on a black locker shelf. The woman skimmed through the college ruled notebook. In th middle of the spiral bound book was the letter "I" written in a thick black sharpie marker. The woman tore out the page and moved on to the next locker, Jacob's. On the first page of another notebook in his locker was the word "am" in the same black marker. Then in Anna's locker was the word " here." The woman lined up the wrinkled pieces of paper on a student desk in room 403 and examined the sentence over and over again until she couldn't think anymore. " I am here." "I am here." "I am here."