Day 10

"Tell me a story."

It was past midnight, Camila knew. But she couldn't bear to sleep. She wanted Lauren for as long as she could have her. And she knew she only had a matter of hours before her temporary love story became a permanent ending.

Camila was running her hand up and down Lauren's arm as a blanket covered their naked bodies. She hummed. "What kind of story?"

"A good one." Lauren smiled. Lauren's skin glowed under the moonlight and her green eyes sparkled. Those emerald pools that Camila fell in love with would forever be engrained in her memory.

Camila chuckled and did swirls with her finger on Lauren's bare shoulder. "Okay..." she hummed. "Let's see..." she trailed off with a smile as she thought up of a story to tell.

Camila kissed Laure's bare shoulder before beginning her story. "The moon and the sun are undestined soul mates."

"That makes no sense." Lauren told her with furrowed eyebrows.

"It makes complete sense." Camila argued before kissing Lauren's cheek. "See, the sun and the moon loved each other greatly. Every time the sun would go around the Earth, it'd tell the moon 'I want to bring warmth into your soul' but she never could because they could never collide. And when the moon would go around the Earth, it'd tell the sun 'I want to give you the stars' but she never could because they would never collide."

"Why couldn't they ever collide?" Lauren asked softly.

"Well, one, because science." Lauren chuckled at the simple explanation. "And two, because the world never revolved around both of them at the same time. They could never be together and their love wasn't strong enough to make it so."

Lauren pouted. "But they're in love." She told the girl.

Camila smiled sadly. "They are. Extremely. But they found a way to show it."

"They did?"

"They did."

Lauren looked intrigued and tilted her head. "Well how did they show it?"

"They'd sing to each other." Camila smiled. "Every chance they had."

"What would they sing?"

Camila thought for a moment. "They made it up. It'd go like..." Camila paused. "My love..." Camila sang softly. "I know our worlds will never collide but I...I want you to know that I love you so..." she sang gently as she rubbed Lauren's arm. "I'll give you the stars and I'll give you warmth just as long as you say you love me too..." Camila hummed.

Lauren smiled at the song Camila came up with. "Did they always say I love you to each other?"

Camila nodded. "They never stopped."

"Are they singing their song right now?"

"They always will." Camila pressed her lips against Lauren's and leaned her forehead against hers. "I love you."

Lauren bit her lip and nodded. "I love you too." She whispered as she rested her head on top of Camila's, feeling her eyes slowly starting to close.

Camila smiled and kissed Lauren's forehead. "You are my moon, Lauren."

Lauren's eyes stared intently at Camila's and she touched her face gently. "And you are my sun." she whispered, her eyes watering. "I wish I could give you the stars."

"It's okay." Camila told her. "I had five days with my soul mate. That's more than other people can say."

"I'm sorry the circus wasn't for you..." Lauren paused. "I'm sorry I wasn't for you."

"Our worlds will collide one day...whether it's in this life or the next one or in a thousand lives after...it'll collide." Camila assured, as she interlaced her fingers with Lauren's.

Lauren tucked a strand of hair behind Camila's ear before kissing her with all the passion she could muster.

"One day." Lauren whispered after she pulled her lips away. "I'll be yours one day."

Camila rested her head on Lauren's chest and fell into a deep sleep as she held onto Lauren, never wanting the sun to come up. She wanted her moon to stay.

----------------------------------

Camila woke up in the morning in her bed without Lauren's warm arms. She realized then what happened. Lauren brought her home.

"No." Camila whispered as she jumped out of bed and slipped on her shoes. She ran out of the house and raced to the circus.

But it was gone.

There wasn't a trace left to be seen. Only a flier with the Jauregui Circus logo on it and Camila whimpered.

Camila stepped onto the grass that once had a circus. That once had a red and white tent. That once had Lauren.

A hurricane of emotions rushed through Camila as she cried. She fell to her knees and cried more than she'd done in her life. And more than she ever will in her lifetime.

Her heart ached, it pounded with want and hurt with need. She reached to clutch onto it, as if holding over her heart would somehow ease it.

It didn't.

Camila's crying subsided and she looked down at her hands to see glitter.

Camila looked up, as if the sky could give her answers.

It didn't.

Camila sniffled as she hugged her knees, looking at the empty space that once filled her days with joy.

The circus was not meant for her, and neither was Lauren.

Hiiiii I'm back to destroy your souls once again! Just kidding, I'm sorry. This was an idea I got after I went to the circus. Yeah, I didn't fall in love there but the night was pretty great. I have more stuff coming soon. You'll see. I love you all! AND SORRY FOR THE FEELS.

Tumblr: loovelikee-fools

Twitter: @jenniferdontpls

Wattpad: jenniferthefangirl

-Jennifer