Prologue

"Dad, why do you have to leave?" Christine sobbed.

He held her in his arms, stroking her curls. "Don't worry, darling. I'll be back sooner than you know it."

Tears ran down her cheeks, filling the gap between her lips. Her chocolate curls blew over her face in the wind. Only one thought seemed to play over and over again in her head.

"When will you be home?"

"Sooner than you think," he dried her tears.

She put her hand over his, unable to hide the pain and sorrow. Over the speakers, a voice announced, "This is the final boarding call for flight four-hundred seventy-one. Final boarding call."

Her father slung his bag over his shoulder, wrapping his daughter in his arms. Christine didn't want to let go, but she had to.

"I'll write to you. You write back."

His hand slipped from hers as he boarded the plane. Christine ran to the window, watching her father take off. She prayed this wasn't the last time she was to see her dad.

In the window, she saw her father waving. She waved back, blowing him a kiss. As the plane disappeared into the clouds, she uttered two words that nearly broke her heart. Hopefully, words she never had to say again.

"Goodbye, daddy."

-------------------------
Hello friends! Sorry about the deletion of my story. Some idiot hacked my account and deleted my works. I've reported him and hope he doesn't do it again. Thank you for reading!! Luvs to all from ME!!