❝sweet dreams❞

sweet dreams are made of these / who am i to disagree?

"sit down, ms. church." she growled, voice tainted with anger, and breath, alcohol. "before i kick you out myself," she added hastily under her breath.

"why i have done nothing wrong, miss. i was simply trying to escape him," she said, "do you not understand my claim?"

"escaping is not bludgeoning, marily," she whispered, her face hard and sweat beading upon it. "you are a servent at my manor, do not take it for granted. your rights are limited, do not make them nonexistent."

"why, miss el-"

"i will have none of it. you do not go about attacking groundskeepers, it is unladylike and unflattering to those aquainted with you." her pointer finger jabbing through the air, slicing like a knife. too determined.

"but are you fearful for my welfare, or for your own status?" marily said, voice hard. the young girl, merely fourteen or fifteen was now infuriated by her mistress, infuriated indeed.

ms. elsberry's face solidified, her pointer finger jabbed in the direction of the stone staircase, "go. now. before i punish you harshly."

"but-"

"this is your last warning, ms. church. regard it."

marily flinched, but ran for the stairs, her apron bouncing against herself, scratchy and despised.

travel the world for the seven seas / everybody's looking for something 

she cried herself to sleep that night, marily. silent sobs broke into her pillow, and if they had not been as quiet as they were, it would be known by the sleeping peers of herself. and marily would walk further and further on her last limb.

it wasn't my fault, she told herself over and over again. but when it came down to it, who's fault could it have been. only hers, and with the realization, more anger and pain.

this opportunity had saved her life, and the last thing she could ever want, was to lose both.

some of them want to use you / some of them want to get used by you 

"mr. elsberry! oh dear," marily flushed, shielding her eyes away from the young muscular figure.

"oh, marily-"

"ms. church," she corrected, tightening her grip on the duster in her hand, unsure of what to do.

"ms. church," he said, surely rolling his eyes, "pay no attention, do what you need to, just pretend as if i am not in your presence."

"but mr. elsberry," she said, shocked, her mouth parted slightly.

"no, it's alright, mari- ms. church," he caught himself, "i take no bother."

he might not, but she surely did. she had glimpsed the chest of few men, she should never allow it intentionally, let alone to her mistresses' son.

"i do not believe such would be right, sir."

"right is not always important. you know that, i believe."

marily gaped down at her feet, "i- i'm sorry, sir, i cannot-" and she dashed out of the room, such would not pass with your mother, i would be dismissed immediately. 

"marily!" he called after her, and she cursed under her breath. satan would take her now.

some of them want to abuse you / some of them want to be abused