Chapter Two

Eli’s POV

Minutes before I go to bed, are the most active for my thoughts. Thinking of all the ‘What if’s’ and ‘Could haves’. Knocking my self down, bit by bit. I’ve never felt so much guilt, julia’s scent was still stained on my pillow. Her usual side of the bed, to be exact. If it wasn’t for me saying the things I did, she would be here, next to me. Instead because of me, She’s six feet under. All because of me.

It was moving day, finally. I couldn’t wait to get out of this hopeless place, there was nothing else left for me in Quebec. BullFrog got promoted to join a better radio station, my mom was opening up a new hair saloon, things were really taking off for my parents. Lucky them. The drive was long, but with the right music, i managed to get to Toronto intact. Morty on the other hand? he needed some serious work by the time we got to our new home. 

“Whala! Don’t you just love it?” 

I looked up along with BullFrog, i was taken back. It surely looked, plain. 

“It looks great honey!” 

My eyes rolled as BullFrog wrapped his arms around CeCe’s waist from behind.

“Get a room?”

grimaced and grabbed my bag, I have yet to see the inside of the house but once i was in it surely made up for the outside. 

Two Weeks Later.

Yesterday i started school here, it was hell. For one, no one caught my interest, I got stared at the whole day, and the classes were just boring. Today’s my second day and i’m already dreading coming back, I rather stay home and talk to Julia as if she was still alive. 

“Time for breakfast baby boy.”

I heard CeCe from downstairs and groaned, I honestly did not want to go. I’ve been so close to giving up on myself this whole summer, nothing caught my interest what’s so ever. I’ve tried to get rid of this feeling all this time but the only way out it seems is if i gave up; on myself completely. Nothing’s the same, not without her.

As i made my way downstairs, the smell of bacon almost made me want to turn the other way. I hated the smell of that poison, it made my stomach turn. Than again, I haven’t had an appetite for anything now a days. 

“Eli? You there?” 

I bit my lip, and made my way back downstairs.

“Yeah, it’s me.” 

“Come eat, you need energy.” 

“I’m not hungry.” 

“You didn’t eat last night.” 

“So?” 

“So, you need to eat today.” 

“No thank you, I don’t want that filth.”

CeCe gave me a worried look before nodding in defeat. 

“At least have cereal, I will not let you go without eating.”

I rolled my eyes and grabbed a granola bar. 

“Thank you Eli, have a good day sweetie.” 

I kissed my mom’s temple before heading out. Taking a bite out of the granola bar, i instantly felt sick, I wanted to throw it out but my mom came into my mind.