01

Crystal Swaine in MM
---------------------------

I looked through my closet trying to find a dress to wear to my Fiancé's promotion ceremony.

His name is Xander Thompson. Five foot nine. Smooth brown skin, and a career that has taken us through many ups and downs, but many people don't know what he's truly like.

"You ready Crystal?" His deep voice boomed from the other side of my closet door.

"Not yet I'm almost done." I had my makeup and hair done. I just didn't know what to wear. I walked over to the opposite end of the closet where I had more dress. Some long, some short.

I finally landed on a black dress that went just past my knees. It definitely brought out my eyes. It was tight fitting, but appropriate for a work setting.

After pulling the dress on I slipped my black heels on too. I quickly ran down the stairs toward Xander who was already waiting.

"Can you please zip my dress up?" I asked lowly.

"Yes. Let me see your face." He said turning me around. This is normal. Before we go out together or around his family he exams my face to see if I covered up each and every bruise or scar.

"You look gorgeous Crystal. You should wear you makeup like this more often." Xander whispered in my ear.

"Thanks." I said.

He opened the door and walked out to his all white escalade. Xander is a bipolar man. One minute he's the man I fell in love with and without warning, he's a total stranger.

"When we arrive to the ceremony please just act normal. No extras Crystal." He said staring straight ahead.

"When have I been extra?" I said.

"All black girls are extra, they believe that the world revolves around them." He simply said ending the conversation.

Those five words are enough to break me. Why do you think all black girls are extra? I wanted to ask, but I wasn't in the mood for my makeup to be ruined.

If his mom heard what he just told me, she'd probably go all types of extra on him.

And maybe the world does revolve around us you bitch ass nigga.
...

When we arrived at his job in Manhattan he opened the door for me and gave his keys to valet. He squeezed my hand extra tight as if I was a bad kid who would run away.

We were greeted by loads of people, but one girl stuck out to me.

"Nicole, this is my fiancée Crystal. Crystal, this is my business partner Nicole." He spoke.

"It's nice to meet you." She said reaching her had out to me. She was your typical white girl Kylie Jenner want to be.

"It's nice to meet you also." I said shaking her hand back.

"I'm going to get us all some drinks." Xander said.

"Okay."

I sat down at the round table right next to this Nicole girl.

"So, what do you do?" She asked trying to strike up a conversation.

"I'm a magazine editor for Cosmopolitan." I said.

"Fancy." She said while patting her dress down. "He talks about you so much...." She trailed off. "When he's not eating me out." She added.

This bitch.

"Why don't you have the ring then? It can't be that good if he gave it to me." I said turning my head towards the live band performing on the stage. I wanted to break down.

When he came back he had three glasses of red wine in his hands.

He sat down next to me and pulled his chair in close to mines. I of course did a little extra and scooted it further from his.

He put his hand on my thigh and squeezed it telling me that I needed to stop.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I said excusing myself from the table.

I went inside the stall and pulled my phone out of my clutch. I dialed Odell's number.

"Hello." His sleepy voice answered. It made me smile as the tears streamed down my face.

"Can you pick me up?"