breaking up

^_^**

Stan

"Shit shit shit- Kyle, WAIT!" I grab onto the back of his shirt, "When I said I'd break up with her, I didn't mean now!"

"Why put off for tomorrow what you can do today? Plus, we have nothing better to do, right?"

He continued to drag me over to Wendy's house, and surprisingly enough we bumped into Kenny on the street.

"You're breaking up with Wendy? Why?"

"What-"

"Dude, honestly. You couldn't have said it any fucking louder."

"Well, where the hell are you going, then?"

He shrugged, "Everyone's busy."

"I think Eric's free. Butters too."

"Yeah, thanks. I thought so."

"Cya, Kenny," said Kyle.

Kyle

"You could've at least worn a shirt to your girlfriend's house." I pointed out when we were coming close.

Stan glared at me, "Who's idea was it to come here, again? Please remind me."

I rung the doorbell.

Surprisingly, Wendy answered. I thought she would've been busy, but-

"Hey Wendy." I wave.

"Hey Kyle! What's up, Stan?"

"Can we talk?" Stan bit his lip.

"Uh.. sure. Come in." She held the door open for the both of us, "I'm the only one home, right now, actually."

We all sat down.

---
---
---

Me and Wendy have always gotten along. Sure, I've been jealous.. but, that's only because..

I thought I'd never have a chance. And Wendy, Stan had always liked her.

So now, I don't know what Wendy is going to think of me after this, and I really don't know what she's going to think of Stan.

It gives me a headache.

Wendy

I found it to be really odd of Stan and Kyle to show up so suddenly. I'm not upset about it or anything. It's always interesting to talk to them, and plus!- it's nice to have visitors. I'll be alone for a few more hours, and a break from school and extracurricular homework is never unwanted.

But, now, for some reason, there was a strange silence that fell upon us three.

"..do you guys want something to drink?"

Nothing.

"..is there, uh.. something you wanted to tell me..?"

"Wendy." Stan said, his voice stern. His hands were tightened into nervous fists, "There's something I should've told you a long time
ago-"

Huh..? Had he been keeping a secret from me?

Just as I began to talk, he cut me off again. The strictly gestures had already left him and his voice was sweet again. And that was just like him. Sweet.. all the time.

"-and.. and I would've.. but, I just realized it.. sort of.. recently.. just- it's complicated, so I'll just say it." He cleared his throat, glancing at Kyle, who had gone pale.

He looked back at me, silently. I noticed him take a deep breath, as if mentally preparing himself.

And there it was again! That tension!

"Stanley Marsh, if there's something you have to say.."

Stan stood up, and my eyes widened at the next three words.

"I love Kyle."
And with that came a flame.

*^_^*

A sort of fire had lit in his eyes. A kind that I had never seen in him before, or in anyone for that matter. It sent- well- mixed messages.

And his words kept on coming.

He loved Kyle!?

Stan

"I love him. More than anything. And I've loved him. All. This. Time.
-So Wendy.. I can't be with you."

I felt a rush, and it took every ounce of me not to make a complete fool of myself. To explode.

Because, I was feeling angry, and in love, and guilty. And now I had this happiness, and something I haven't had in a long while. Hope.

Kyle's given me so much hope.

When I fell down, I had dragged him down with me- but..
No..

I didn't drag him. He followed. He stayed with me, by choice.

Through the selfharm and all the alcohol, Kyle was there, and still is. He has always been.

He'd be cross with me, or scolding me, or he'd be telling me the words I needed to hear.
He'd be putting up with me, and listening to me.
But he was with me, and that's what mattered always. All because he cared. And that's why he'd be cross, or scold, or tell me pretty words, or put up with or listen to me.

Kyle has a good heart. He always says that I do, but really.. he does. I just do what make sense. He has the heart.

I was angry at myself for not realizing how I felt about Kyle.

It was partly because I had always thought I'd liked Wendy, and well, I'd quickly deny and lock away any weird feeling towards Kyle.

Everything I did, I did it for Wendy.. when all Kyle did was for me, in some way, no matter what that way was.

I need him to be happy, though.

God.. I remember when I'd be done with it all, and I'd be ready to drink until the world was a blur.

His hugs were so sweet..

Kyle was like a light. Whenever I was around him, all the darkness I'd been engulfed in cleared away.

Well, I haven't exactly gotten over that yet.

To be happy, I know what I need. What I've always needed. I just need to love him.

"Stan, you fucking jerk!" Wendy fled up the stairs, and not long after I heard a door slam shut.

I flinched and covered my mouth.

At least it was over with.

Kyle came over and pulled my arm, my hand uncovering. He squeezed my hand, smiled at me weakly. He didn't say a word. And then, just like that, he left. He left the house, and now I was alone, and I had no choice but to leave after.

I didn't know what to do, now that I was alone. If Kyle was here, though, I suppose I'd be just as clueless. But not as lost.

And, I didn't see Kyle again until Monday.

Kyle

I left.

_end

**^_^

Author

Look, I've been trying not to have author's notes in here anymore, but really you guys? I'm losing my patience with the lack of comments. That's sort of my only motivation for writing these stories, so please, just comment. I've been feeling uninspired lately and I'll probably just end it soon.