Prologue

HE LOOKED UP at her, tears in his eyes, as he finally understood. Understood that it was the last time he would be able to hold her. Understood he would never see her face again. Understood everything they had, it was all a lie. She used him, just as he had used her. He lifted his hand to caress her delicate skin, but as his palm connected with her cheek, she dissipated into smoke, filtering through his fingers, slipping right through his grasp like she had so long before. The vapor was released from his grip and washed over his face, rising to meet the stars that dully shined above the city skyline. He picked up the glass bottle that resided at his side, his only constant besides the emptiness he felt. He lifted it to his lips, savoring the last drop it contained before throwing it at the wall where the glass shatters joined the others that had accumulated over the last week. As the shards rained down, both the skies and he finally let go. Lightning lit up the night and the roaring thunder muffled his sobs as his tears and the rain mixed together, not minding the cold that washed over him as he had long since been numb. He raised his glassy eyes to stare longingly at the horizon, willing the sun to make its appearance so it could chase away the shadows of his past that had haunted him each and every night since she had left, since she had walked away. Though he knew he would never really be set free from the chains that bound him, he knew that they had been loosened and there would be times he could forget they were there. And to him, that small ounce of realization was enough to bring the smile of a broken man to his face.

He looked nearly maniacal sitting in the rain, with his bloodshot eyes, wavering smile that many considered too wide to be real, and dark hair that was standing on end from all the electricity coursing through the air and the many times he'd run his hands through it.

Little did he know that there was one other person silently crying to the night.
_______________

A/N: Hey, ya'll. This story's a little different than the others I write (that I unpublished from here). I wanna try something new and would greatly appreciate it if ya'll gave me feedback on this. I'll try to be more proactive and update more often, but between school, life, and extensive amounts of homework, I probably won't be able to write much, especially if there's not a lot of interest in this book. If you would like me to continue this story, please either vote or comment. Thanks, huns.

P.s. I'll always take constructive criticism as well.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Oct 30, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Abandonedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें