Punishment

Clarke's POV;

Indra had taken Lexa back to Ton DC not long after I had said my final goodbye. She had arrive with a group of warriors who carried their unconscious commander away from Camp Jaha on a wooden board lead by Indra who sat prickly on her horse.

Before the gates closed fully Indra gave me a respectful nod. This single nod showed me that she was grateful for all that I had done for her leader but also that she understands how much Lexa had meant to me... still means to me.

I will never stop loving Lexa, I know that for sure. In the time we had together we had made an unbreakable connection which for me will never fade but on the other hand for Lexa it already had. Everything we had done, both good and bad, has been wiped completely from her head and heart never to be uncovered again.

As I see Lexa and her warriors start to disappear into the trees which surround the camp I let out a large breath I didn't realise I had been holding in. She is gone now.. forever.

I will myself to cry or scream or do anything but I can't, my whole body feels numb like I am a complete void of emotion. I had given Lexa everything, all my burdens and my feelings and now she has taken them away with her. All I feel is an emptiness in my head and heart.

I turn around to see a large crowd had formed behind me to see Lexa go. Octavia, Raven and Bellamy stand right behind me at the front of the crowd looking at me with sad expressions.

Octavia slowly walks up to me and wraps me in a hug but no matter how hard I try I can't make myself hug her back. It's like I can't even function without Lexa here.

"Come on." She says pulling back. "Let's get inside."

I simply nod in response. Bellamy walks ahead trying to clear a path through the large crowd toward the remains of the ark but something seems to be stopping him from going any further.

"Excuse me everyone!"

Everybody in the crowd turns around to see my mother, their chancellor, standing at the entrance to the ark holding up a hand to get silence. Raven curses under her breath and Octavia redirects me back so we can be as far away from my mother as possible.

"Seen as you are all gathered together I would like to announce somethings." She says to the now quiet crowd of people.

Octavia brought me to the very back but after looking around she realises there is no way around the crowd so we have no choice but to listen.

"Recently I have felt as if we have become very lenient with the people in this camp who threaten the way in which it is run and the leaders who run it." She says. I see Raven turn around to look at me with a worried expression from where she stands in the crowd.

"I feel we should punish these perpetrators to show others this type of behaviour is both wrong and against the law." A few of the people in the crowd cheer in response.

"In space we would not have tolerated anything like what we have tolerated recently so what I propose is that we bring back the way we dealt with these people on the ark!" Now most of the crowd cheer along with her.

"Earlier I was threatened by someone with a gun and that person is now walking among us as if they have the right to do so! I say we should punish them to show we don't take that behaviour any longer!" She yells as two guards carry out a post into the middle of the crowd, who form a circle around it.

I know I should be worried right now but I had seen this coming. Of course she wouldn't just let me walk away after I had held her at gun point. All I could do was stare at the post which I would most likely be tied up to soon.

"This person who threatened me was my own daughter, Clarke Griffin!" She says to the revved up crowd. Many of the people turn around and look at me with disgusted expressions and some look at me in confusion wondering why I would do such a thing.

The two guards who carried in the post walk towards me and grab my arms. Octavia tries to pull them off me while shouting at them to stop but she isn't strong enough. One guard pushes her to the ground while the other pulls me towards the post.

As we get closer to the centre of the crowd Bellamy jumps in front of the guard and punches him right in the face. The guard lets go of my arm, causing me to fall into the crowd, and responds by kicking him hard in the knee. I hear a loud crack as Bellamy falls to the ground crying out in pain.

The guard roughly grabs my arm again and pulls me over Bellamy towards the post. I feel my heart rate quicken as he pushes me into post causing my head to crack off the hard wood. My vision blurs but I manage to keep my self standing by leaning against the large wooden pole.

My arms are pulled above my head and shackled to the post. My vision clears enough to see my mother walking through the crowd towards me with a sick smile on her face.

"The guilty must be punished!" She yells to the crowd who respond with a deafening cheer.

The guard behind me takes out his knife and slices up the back of my shirt exposing my skin. The crowd are now going mad in anticipation. What have we turned into? We are worse than the grounders.

Another guard steps up and takes out his shock stick. My heart rate quickens even more at this as I struggle against the bonds that tie me to the post.

The crowd go quiet as the guard positions himself behind me. He looks up to my mother for approval who looks right into my eyes as she slowly nods.

"Begin." She says not breaking eye contact.

I scream and my knees buckle as he presses the stick against my bear skin. He pulls it back a few moments later before returning the stick to my back for longer this time.

My body shakes as the stick makes contact and I scream louder with each shock. I can feel the electricity course through my body causing new amounts of pain every time.

I see Raven rush up to my mother and plead with her to stop this but she ignores her and continues watching me suffer. With a wave of her hand Raven is pulled away from her by one of the guards who was stopping the crowd from getting any closer.

I feel my body become weaker with each lash and now it is only my arms that hold me up. Darkness begins to creep into my vision but I try my best not blackout.

My mother must notice me trying to resist so she signals for the guard to hold the stick to my back for longer.

This time I can't help but let the blackness completely invade my vision as I slump forward unconscious.

~~~

Okay so this is quite a long chapter. I hope you enjoyed it but honestly I think the quality of my writing here is crap so sorry :/

Anyway I'd like to thank you all for reading this far and also this book just got 2,000 reads! That's insane!!!  Thank you so much for all your nice comments and your votes and thanks for just reading in general I guess!!

Vote and comment with ideas!!