Chapter 4: Marked Territory

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"GET UP, GET UP, GET UP. Today is not a day to be lazy. Kenzie's party starts in approximately 7 hours." Gigi throws pillows at me. Ugh. 

I sit up in my bad and almost forget the fact that Kendall let me touch her. I hope things aren't awkward now because I don't know where me and her stand. It was probably a one time thing anyways, so I'm just going to brush it off. 

"What...the...actual...fuck." I say getting up from the bed. She's picking up my stuff from around the room and putting them back into place. 

"It's always the messy young ones." She murmurs marching out of my room. 

"Hey, what's your deal MOTHER?" I call after her sarcastically. She shakes her head and walks downstairs. Was she always like this?

I throw on some grey skinny joggers, a black and white star patterned baggy shirt, and my black and white high tops. 

Kendall barges out of her room and throws a towel at me. 

"What the hell is that?!" She snaps. 

"This is not mine." I snap back already wondering what stick got sent up her ass. 

"Whoops. That's mine." Cara says grabbing the towel. "I accidentally left it there when I was showering." She says taking it back. 

Kendall doesn't look away from me, but I do. What the fuck was she yelling at me for anyway? I didn't do anything. I walk past them both and head downstairs. 

Ashley places a plate of pancakes, eggs, and bacon in front of me and sits down next to me. She's just freaking staring at me. 

"What is with everybody today?" I ask. 

"There's your basketball schedule." She says pointing to the wall full of notes and reminders. A big calendar is in the middle showing my practices and games for basketball. 

"Crap. I have practice tomorrow morning." I say taking a bite out of my pancakes. 

Hailey sits down and starts reading a newspaper. 

"Gross. You still read those? No wonder you're older than me." I say continuing to eat. 

"Excuse me, I am only 18." She says. I roll my eyes. 

"Dude. Ruby is moving in tomorrow." Cara pokes me on the shoulder. 

"Ruby? Ruby Rose, Ruby? Best family friend, Ruby?" I say, my eyes widening. Ruby Rose and my family were like my best friends, and I couldn't even wait to see her. 

Kendall walks downstairs with her hair down wearing black leggings and a white crop top to expose her lower belly and waist. It really makes her skin pop out. Her cold looking eyes wondering around making her look like an independent adult. I blink and continue to eat my food. 

I touch my black baseball cap and adjust my hair before putting it back on. 

Kendall sits in front of me holding a piece of bacon and munching on it. 

She stares at me with a blank expression on her face. She looks away towards Ashley and starts having a conversation with her. 

My phone rings, and I take it out of my pocket to answer it. 

"Is this Zara?" A familiar voice asks. 

"This is she, and this is?" Mocking Ashley's mature voice. She swats my arm. 

"It's Kenzie. I was wondering if you were still coming to the party with your house?" She asks sounding excited. 

"Uhmm... Kenzie. Yeah, I'm still coming." I say, and the girls are already looking at me.