3 ✦ Prisoners

Dedicated to the man who loved a tale as old as time ♡
______________
"Take me, instead!"

- Belle, asking to take her father's place as prisoner.
______________
Chapter Three: Prisoners
______________

|| Third Person ||

It couldn't be a coincidence, yet the man looked vaguely relative to Severus' old mate.

Letting her father suffer in any way shape or form would inflict pain on her, making her hate him. More than she already does, that is.

He couldn't simply just allow Mulciber to perform an unnecessary unforgivable curse upon him. There was always a mischievous glint in a Death Eater's eye, that craved to cause pain and absurd behaviour.

Severus had found common interest with these people, and although disagreeing with some practices - he couldn't help but find it absolutely fascinating. The art was interesting enough to seduce him to devote his entire life to being a loyal member of the Dark Lord's order.

That summer, his parents were fighting and acting far more abusive than normally. Not being able to handle the distress, Snape packed a suitcase and left. Having lost his best friend who he desperately cared for was enough to deal with, and having to stay all summer with a constant headache that was home is another.

Furthermore, Lucius Malfoy offered for him to stay at the Manor that summer. "Manor-sitting", while he was away with his fiancée Narcissa Black. It was too good of an opportunity, so he excepted to revel in the posh home for the next two months, alone.

There just so happened to be a bad start.

"The latter it is," Mulciber smirked, gripping his wand tighter.

Snape flinched, as he imagined Lily watching her father being tortured. She'd make sure to land them all in Azkaban for life, and Severus would live with the numbness. Not the numbness of being locked away and secluded from the universe, but the numbness of knowing he had wronged her again, and she only felt pure hatred about him.

"Wait –! Mulciber, just... leave him. He did not do anything remotely wrong."

Mulciber stopped and gave Snape the most disgusted look.

"You're just going to let a mudblood free?"

He shrugged nonchalantly. "Who will he going to repeat this to? No one would believe a foolish old man."

Lily. He'd tell Lily. She'd despise me...

"Then at least lock him up – he's on Malfoy's grounds! You know Malfoy would lock up his arse, down in that bloody cold cellar. Keep him prisoner."

In the cold, sheer way that Mulciber whispered, it sent involuntary shivers down Severus' back. Keeping Mr Evans prisoner was better than doing anything severe... and after all, he did witness something that could get them in trouble.

"Fine." Severus spoke, abruptly turning and pointing his wand at her father. He murmured a spell to immobilize his body and proceeded to levitate it towards the Manor.

Mulciber left in smugness, before turning the remnants of Mr Evans' invention to trash.

• • • • •

"I can't believe the cheek! His nerve drives me insane sometimes..." Lily said, retrieving her book after having her peace disturbed.

Her eyes were able to touch a few more chapters, and she hardly noticed time escaping. That's when she was rudely interrupted by a faint tapping coming from the window.