t w o

"You know you can't help me, right? I just can't be helped." Connor sat by the window of the mental institution watching out the window.

"I plan to help you. You can be helped Connor. Something made you want to do that. It wasn't just a spur of the moment. That was anger built up that you thought your only escape was suicide."

"I wasn't going to do it. I don't have the courage to kills myself Mackenzie. But if I had the chance to die, without potentially killing myself, I would take it. Like if a car was coming down the road and was I the middle, I wouldn't move out of its way."

"But something had to make you like this."

"Connor, it's time for your counselling." One of the nurses popped her head through the door.

"I don't need that. Besides, I'm busy. I have company. Now could you leave?" He looked over at the nurse.

"But Connor, I have direct-"

"I said leave. I don't want to see some damn consular."

She just gave up and left the room.

"You didn't have to be so rude." I look at him.

"Mackenzie are you afraid of death?"

"Excuse me?"

"Are you afraid of death or dying?"

"I'm not afraid of dying. I'm not afraid of death either. I'm afraid of your death. I was afraid when you had the gun to your head. You really scared me. I thought you were gone."

"I told you, I wasn't going to do it."

"I know. But you tried."

Is this ok? It's like 1 in the morning and I was bored and this happened.