Chapter 11 Christmas Trees And The Truth

Chapter 11
Christmas Trees And The Truth
--------------------------------------

The doorbell rings.

"I'll get it!" I shout as I run down the stairs. James must be here to pick me up so we can go Christmas tree shopping.

I open the door and see someone who is definitely not James.

"What are you doing here?" I stare at him.

"You left your phone," Ethan pulls my phone out of his pocket.

"Thanks," I try and take it of him.

"Can I come in?" He holds the phone out of reach and glances behind me.

"Why?" I stand, blocking the only way in.

"We need to talk."

"We can talk here," I say, liking the comfort of the door so if he says anything I don't like I can slam it in his face.

"I want a second chance," he looks at me with his beautiful eyes that I nearly melt into.

"You're too late, I'm with James now," my phone bleeps in his hands but he hold it out of reach.

"I'll do anything for another chance, Immie," he pleads, "We belong together."

"You threw away any chance of us belonging together when you slept with another girl," Tears prick in my eyes.

"One day, I will get you back," he looks straight into my eyes and I can tell he isn't going to give up.

"You need to leave," I break our eye contact and grab my phone out of his hands.

He turns around just as a familiar car pulls up next to my house. James gets out and glares at Ethan.

When Ethan has gone James wraps his arms around me.

"What did he want?" He strokes my back.

"He wanted to talk," I mumble into his jumper, "but I didn't want to listen."

"Are you ready to go?" He wipes a single tear off my cheek.

"Yeah," I smile at him as he takes my hand and leads me to the car.

****

We are walking around a Christmas tree farm and pointing out nice trees.

"That ones nice," James points to one on our left, "A bit small though."

"Are we dating?" I blurt out.

"Do you want to be?" He stops and looks at me.

"Yeah, I do."

"Then yes," he steps closer to me, "Yes we are dating."

He presses his lips to mine.

When we pull away, I pluck up the courage to ask James a question.

"What happened between you and Ethan?"

He looks at me and sighs.

"Well I guess I should start from when we met." His eyes go all glassy as he remembers.

"We met when we started school and immediately clicked. We became best friends and did everything together. We went round to each other's houses and stood up for each other. Even in the holidays, our families would go away somewhere together.
Then, when we were probably about twelve, Ethan got his first girlfriend. That was the start of it. Gradually as we got older he began to get more confident and thought that he could get any girl he wanted. He would always joke saying he would fuck my older sister. I always told him not to touch her, especially since she had a boyfriend."

He pauses and sighs again.

"What happened next?" I ask, even though I'm pretty sure I know the answer and I don't want to hear it.

"You happened next," This takes me by surprise. James smiles sadly.

"I remember one day Ethan barging into my room and going on and on about this girl that he met. After you dated for a while, I began to think that you had changed him. Made him better. He didn't even look at other girls anymore."

"And then," I prompt as tears are welling up in my eyes.

"And then he cheated on you," he looks up at the grey sky, "With my sister."

--------

God Ethan, you're so mean! But I still love him.  Sorry that this chapter is short guys, I've just been really busy. Go read Eleanorhorton 's story because it's really good and funny. Anyway I hope you enjoyed and please vote if you did!
xx