I'm Meeting You

Cukie

We followed her 'til the ends of New York.

Kidding! Don't even know where is that.

As I was saying, we were following her until we arrived at the newest park built here near the hospital. The sun was setting, waving at us goodbye and off to a new adventure. Whoah, where did that come from? Anyway, we sat at an empty wooden bench, Lailah in the middle.

We were covered with a long silence until Frankie broke it and asked, "What have been happening in your life?"

Lailah think for a moment and tell us her story.

"Two years ago, I met Ezekiel. We had a relationship for one year. For me, that relationship was just plain ordinary, like my past relationships. Then I broke up with him last year. He could not accept the fact that a woman was the one that broke up with him, so he didn't stop bothering me on having again a relationship. It was childish, very! Him treating life as a big game was one factor that made me go away from him. But then, I did an idiotic thing of going back to him,"

"What--" She didn't let me finish my question first. What a bastard man! I thought.

"But," she breath in and looked at us with pride, "only for one day, just so he could be the title holder. The one that always breaks the heart. He was known for that, and he said his ego would hurt much more if the world would know I, a woman, broke up with him, and him who had been chasing me."

"Wait, why would the world care? Was he that of a big shot? Because for me, his attitude sucks. And he seemed very sick." Frankie asked.

"He's a celebrity doctor, and people knew him for that, again. It would ruin his image and he would lose his money, of course. So I agreed to be a one-day-girlfriend, and he would break up with me at the end of the day. But I didn't know that he was even one of the heirs of the most elite hospitals in the country. Him being a celebrity doctor was just a small part of his image. When I knew about it exactly at the end of that day I had went back to him, I felt betrayal, but then I thought, 'Oh, no need to fight with him. This is going to end in a while.' But I was wrong again. He tied me in his imaginary relationship."

"Why did you let him tie you?"

"He threatened me! He threatened me that he would tell to Zion's dad our relationship."

So who the bell is this Zion now?!

Seeing the confusion in our faces, she tells us about this Zion, "he is my true boyfriend after me and Ezekiel broke up. And I don't know if until now he still is. We literally have a complicated set up! He is fixed in a marriage, that I don't know if he likes it or not, and our relationship is a secret simply because Zion's father will take his company back from my true boyfriend, whose gone missing since Ezekiel tied me!"

Frankie suddenly comments, "you sound bitter."

"I am bitter!"

"Ohhh," we uttered in unison.

We've never seen Lailah like this mature. This is so new for us. "I haven't seen him after that whole 'tying up' happening. He just hasn't showed up to me, and I'm worried sick that I'll just wake up knowing he's already married without giving 'us' a closure." She looks down not making eye contact to us.

"Do you even want a closure?" Frankie asked. Oooh... the expert was speaking. I knew she felt the same confusion and anciety as Lailah. She went silent for a while and whispered a 'no' that we could here.

A few moments of silence had passed when we heard screaching sound of a car parking infront of us. Whoah, dude, slow down! We looked up full of curiosity on why the bell that car needed to scatter the dust only by just parking?