My Mothers Son

Chapter One;

"Dad, hurry up!"

"I'm coming dear, chill!"

"Daddy, we can't be late!"

"Baby, we'll make it chill, okay?"

That's us always on the go. But this hurry was like no other. I was going to meet my mother for the first time. If I liked her, I got to stay the summer! But I have to like her husband too. Dad says i'll like him and her both and they even have a son. He's adopted, cause after me, she couldn't have another. His name is Brandon, he's 17.

I'm Taylor, i'm 15 years old. I'm short only 5 foot, But oh well. I have long brown hair that every body loves. I have an iffy personality. Probably from my past. But people come to find I'm a lovable person. As for the guys who fall for me, I'm a heart breaker. My daddy raised me up that 'guys were only good for one thing, friends.'

"Dad? Hello, dad! Earth to dad, come on dad! HELLO!?"

"Sorry Hun, I guess I'm a little nervous"

I looked at him like he was crazy. He's met her before and he's more nervous than I am.

"I haven't seen her in 15 years. After she got outta the hospital we decided to go our separate ways. Me having the better currier, could support you better."

I wanted to ask 'Why didn't she visit or try to make an effort' but I was too excited to care. Most of the time i'm full of questions, but sometimes, some questions should go unasked. But other times I ask whatever I wa-"we're here" those words interrupted my thoughts and made me go numb.

Her house was huge. Like nothing I've ever seen. Dad said her husband was a banker now he's a doctor. And he donates a lot. Dad got out, almost falling on his face. He came over and opened my door and went to grab our bags. We were staying the weekend. I was staying in the guest room in her house and my dad was going to stay in the back yard guest house.

I stepped out of the car and shut the door. Just as I turned to go to the door he came out. Brandon. He was only about 5'4, not so tall. He was gorgeous. He had a 6 pack and a V line. He obviously worked out. They did have a personal gym.

He stared at me. He came up to me and he tried to speak "I-I-I'll take those off your hands ma'am". I looked at him, then my dad. My dad grinned and walked past me and whispered "friends" and winked at me. He did his "I know what you're thinking" smirk and walked up to meet Chad. My mothers husband. He shook his hand and whispered something to him.

I looked at Brandon as he walked up and shook my dads hand. He took my things to the guest room as I traveled behind him. My mother was no where to be found. The house was bigger than it looked on the out side.

"You um, you like horses?" Brandon's voice shook like he was nervous.

"Yeah, I mean I um, haven't rode in a while". We both were nervous. I wasn't at first till he first talked to me. When he spoke his word were like heaven.

"Taylor? You okay? Taylor?" He must of been trying to get my attention.

"Yeah! Oh sorry."

"Well do you want to go riding?" His smile shook me. He moved closer. And whispered "just the horses for now". He ran his hand up my back and started to walk out. I asked him to wait. I got on my jacket and went to the barn. He asked if I looked at him as a brother. Of course I said no. I mean, I don't know him.

"Hey" he pushed me up against one of the stalls. I had no clue what he was going to do. I wasn't scared, I actually wanted him to do something.

"Hey, you guys in here?" We both jumped and he moved quickly to the next stall as I turned to face the horse. We both looked up. Chad walked in and told us my mother was home. "Alright we'll be in. I want to show her all the horses." Chad nodded as approval. Chad walked out and I looked down. My chin was lifted, and I was looking dead straight in his eyes.

He whispered to me, "I think you're really pretty". He sorta hesitated.

"I don't think you know what you are getting yourself into.." I didn't know what else to say. He leaned in like he was going to kiss me but then stopped. "Only if you want to.." He looked in my eyes. My lips begged for him to kiss me.

He kissed me as his hands wondered my back. "Honey, you in here?" A sweet voice mad him jump three stalls away. A women walked in the barn as Brandon walked back over to me. "Yeah mom, we're coming." He told he with a sweet 'innocent' smile. We followed her to the house. And he walked me up to the house with his hand on my lower back.

When we walked into the kitchen, the table was set and a meal had been prepared. It look beautiful. When my mom walked in my dad and Chad both stood up. Me n Brandon looked at each other. Chad pulled my mothers chair out and push it in as she sat while my dad sat down. Brandon did the same with my chair and looked at Chad.

-after dinner-

Brandon took me ridding. We rode up the hill and laid on the hill and watched the sky. It was around 8 o'clock when we came back in. Dad said I should be spending time with mom, but I'd rather Brandon.

Dad wanted me to go help him get settled in the guest house. That's when he told me to spend time with mom. So I told him I would. We unpacked his things. I told him I was gonna stay the summer. He looked at me weird. I ignored the look and walked back to the house.

When I walked in my mother had asked If I'd stay the summer. I asked her if she wanted me too. She looked at Chad smiled at me.

"We'd love for you to stay the summer!"

"I-I-I'd love to stay here!!" I looked slightly up at Brandon as he had that 'I'm gonna get some' smile. I hated that look but it was so sexy! Mmh so sexy. I'm glad that he's not my brother.

I didn't think he'll pull any thing while my dad was her, but I was wrong.. Our first night around midnight he came in and asked if he could lay with me. I said sure but have him a look and said "no funny business". So we just cuddled. He got back up at about 7:30 since Chad at to leave at 8. He went back to his room. Around 11:11 he came in and woke me up.

"Rise 'n' shine beautiful. Long day before us, and mom has breakfast made."

I started to ask "don't you find it weird we both ca-" he interrupted.

"Both call her mom?"

"Yeah, I mean, you've kissed me, cuddled me and hit on me since I've got her don't you thin-" interrupted again.

"Is she waking up Brandon? She can be a tough one to get up." I knew that voice. It was my dad.

"Yes sir. She woke up like an angle." My father stepped in with an evil glare towards Brandon. I laughed under my breath.

"Good morning darling." My dad came over asking if I slept well. I simply nodded and smirked at Brandon. Brandon looked down blushing. It was so adorable. I got up and Brandon was the last to leave my room. Brandon asked if I need anything. I looked down and let myself smile.

I felt myself tense as a warm hand gripped my arm. He was moving me closer to him. "Good morning" as he kissed my lips. I was speechless when our lips finally came a part. All I could do was hold him and stare into his eyes. -Am I falling in-love? This is my "brother" right?- I leaned in and we kissed again being torn away as footsteps flood up the stairs.

When I was younger I dreamt of Fallon in-love being just like that. I didn't like the way chad treated Brandon though. In between scenes he would treat him like an inmate. No one deserved to be treated like that. I think I will give Brandon the best summer of his life.